Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Your latest CD-R project?

Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:19 pm

So, what are your latest CD-R projects that you've got underway? It's been a while since I made my last CD-R compilation. Back then it was an imaginary successor of 2nd To None that was meant to complete a trilogy of "Best Of's" packed with hits and classical Elvis performances (or as BMG called it: "milestones").

The tracklisting:

ELV1S All Kinds

Disc 1:

01. Good Rockin' Tonight
02. Baby, Let's Play House
03. Mystery Train
04. I Got A Woman
05. My Baby Left Me
06. Young And Beautiful
07. Fever
08. Such A Night
09. Reconsider Baby
10. Blue Hawaii
11. Suspicion
12. It Hurts Me
13. Memphis, Tennessee
14. Love Letters
15. Tomorrow Is A Long Time

Disc 2:

01. How Great Thou Art
02. Big Boss Man
03. Guitar Man
04. U. S. Male
05. Long Black Limousine
06. Any Day Now
07. Polk Salad Annie (live)
08. Just Pretend
09. I Really Don't Want To Know
10. I'm Leavin'
11. I Just Can't Help Believin' (live)
12. My Way (live)
13. T-R-O-U-B-L-E
14. I Can Help
15. Hurt

What is going through your mind at the moment? I could need a few suggestions, ideas and some inspiration. :D Anything from "thematic" to "best sounding" is highly welcomed ...
Last edited by see-see-rider on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:22 pm

Yeah, if it was the third disc in the set you could have called it 3lvis :wink:

Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:34 pm

I made a personal greatest hits edition a couple of weeks ago.....done it before but this time I had 800mb disc and was able to burn 89 minutes of music on 1 cdr

Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Steve_M wrote:Yeah, if it was the third disc in the set you could have called it 3lvis :wink:

Good idea! :lol: Man, I was looking for a title for weeks ... Even "All Kinds" (with a shadow falling on "All" giving it a third "I" and forming a latin III) is still just a working title. To be honest I'm waiting for Sony/BMG to steal my idea and tracklisting and give it a title it deserves ... :wink:

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:03 pm

hi budd
well..I made myself two interesting compilations:

SOUL AND FUNKY RECORDINGS

a little less conversation
it hurts me ('68)
let yourself go ('68)
long black limousine
wearin' that loved on look
rubberneckin'
stranger in my own home town
power of my love
change of habit
walk a mile in my shoes (aug. 70)
polk salad annie (aug. 70)
hound dog (funky wah wah version from MSG - original record)
if you don't comeback
jus a little bit
find out what's happening
i've got a feelin' in my body
if you talk in your sleep
loving arms

2 CD BLUES

CD 1
when it rains it really pours (sun)
heartbreakhotel
money honey
so glad you'r mine
lawdy miss clawdy
anyplace is paradise
one night
when it rains it really pours
one night of sin
santa claus is back
new orleans
trouble
a mess of blues
it feels so right
like a baby
reconsider baby
night life
cross my heart and hope to die
hard luck
tomorrow is a long time
down in the alley
there's so much world to see (take 10)
how can you lose what you never had

CD 2:

big boss man
hi heel sneakers
let yourself go
all I needed was the rain
baby what you want me to do (live '68)
clean up your own backyard
my babe
heart break hotel (vegas '69)
baby what you want me to do (vegas 69)
starnger in my own home town (rehearsal '70)
one night (vegas '70)
merry xams baby
never been to spain
lawdy miss clawdy (live hampton roads '72)
steamroller blues (hawaii '73)
trouble (vegas '73)
big boss man (lake tahoe '74)
down in the alley (vegas '74)
shake a hand
reconsider baby (live '77 from the bootleg moody blue and other performances)

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:07 pm

E4E wrote:I made a personal greatest hits edition a couple of weeks ago.....done it before but this time I had 800mb disc and was able to burn 89 minutes of music on 1 cdr

Two questions: Which titles can be found on your personal greatest hits collection? And do these 800 MB / 90 minutes discs also work on a regular CD player?

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:24 pm

see-see-rider wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Yeah, if it was the third disc in the set you could have called it 3lvis :wink:

Good idea! :lol: Man, I was looking for a title for weeks ... Even "All Kinds" (with a shadow falling on "All" giving it a third "I" and forming a latin III) is still just a working title. To be honest I'm waiting for Sony/BMG to steal my idea and tracklisting and give it a title it deserves ... :wink:

Well for the fourth one you could go Roman and have eIVis and for the fifth stay with Roman with a large V or go Elvi5 :wink: :lol:

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:26 pm

Steve_M wrote:
see-see-rider wrote:

Well for the fourth one you could go Roman and have eIVis and for the fifth stay with Roman with a large V or go Elvi5 :wink: :lol:
:? :roll: :lol:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:08 am

E4E wrote:I made a personal greatest hits edition a couple of weeks ago.....done it before but this time I had 800mb disc and was able to burn 89 minutes of music on 1 cdr

I did'nt know a 90 minute blank CD-R even existed. I always thought 80 minutes was the max, unless you're talking about MP3 or IPOD format.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:10 am

I make my own Elvis remixes using the Mp3 Remix software I purchased over the net...

the results have been better than I ever expected and I've had some great feedback from my friends who actually hear what I've done with my Elvis mp3's!

When compiling my Elvis discs, I usually go 4 the more obsure tunez as opposed to the "Hits"...

God knows, we all can rely on BMG for that repetious bullshit every 6 months... :evil:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:13 pm

moodyblue1 wrote:
E4E wrote:

I did'nt know a 90 minute blank CD-R even existed. I always thought 80 minutes was the max, unless you're talking about MP3 or IPOD format.

Sure does ... has been fo a while.

http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib ... 90min.html

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:20 pm

good to see you back Kev, well i made a greatest hits comp too, and also a live concert compilation. i love making compilations, i like to include the words 'ULTIMATE, THE BEST. becoz i'd like to think it could be the best one ever. i look at my comps from a historic point of view, which tracks are too crappy for the public and which are'nt, also, if i had all FTDS, i'd make a best of compilation of the releases. you get my point what i like now... :roll:

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:22 pm

I'm planning to make a comp of the 1972 rehearsals now that I have both On Tour and 6363 Sunset.....but then I realised that to make it better I need the four gospel songs from the Amazing Grace set.....which I haven't got yet. So that one's on hold for now.....

Jules

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:26 pm

familyjules, amazing grace is a great cd set, really worth getting, don't hesistate

Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:42 pm

familyjules wrote:I'm planning to make a comp of the 1972 rehearsals now that I have both On Tour and 6363 Sunset.....but then I realised that to make it better I need the four gospel songs from the Amazing Grace set.....which I haven't got yet. So that one's on hold for now.

There are also '72 rehearsals from this one that you might want to include.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:15 pm

elvisjnr wrote:familyjules, amazing grace is a great cd set, really worth getting, don't hesistate

I hesitate only because I already have the regular CDs of the gospel material, so really I'd only need it for those rehearsal songs, so that's put me off buying it all these years.....

Jules

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:29 pm

hmm well unless you can make a sound transfer from the EOT movie, you might just have to resort to this one

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:11 pm

elvisjnr wrote:hmm well unless you can make a sound transfer from the EOT movie, you might just have to resort to this one

Yeah, I'm gonna bite the bullet! It's just that all these FTDs keep pushing it further back down the list of priorities.....heh.

Jules