Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:38 am

elbo51

You forgot "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis"

Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:41 am

The Promised Land 2000 re-issue rocks .....and no DSD transfer was needed for that one. And it was'nt a Japanese import either.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:28 am

elvis-fan wrote:elbo51

You forgot "Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis"

No I didn't. It's this one in the list:

BVCM-37100 Live In Memphis (24bit Remastered - paper sleeve)

I didn't write the proper title. My most humble apologies :oops:

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:30 am

thenexte wrote:
elbo51 wrote:Here's a list of the Japanese original first pressing Elvis mini lp CD's and the catalogue numbers:

BVCM-37083 Elvis Presley (24bit Remastered - paper sleeve)
BVCM-37084 Elvis (24bit Remastered - paper sleeve)
BVCM-37186 Loving You (24bit Remastered - paper sleeve)

They are all being re-released in Japan. The first batch of 15 is out now.

How do these three compare to the DSD reissues released earlier this year?

Sorry I haven't compared these.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:33 am

moodyblue1 wrote:The Promised Land 2000 re-issue rocks .....and no DSD transfer was needed for that one. And it was'nt a Japanese import either.

yep, you got that right moodyblue!!!

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:11 pm

Does anyone have the Japanese Madison Square Garden? Does it trample the regular version underfoot?

Jules

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:06 pm

Here's the thing.....I prefer listening to artist music in album form rather than compilation form which includes the Masters box sets. I don't want album diplication but I also want good quality. Do I seak out the 30 Mini LP CDs or wait for the eventual re-release of these albums on FTD which have added content?

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:37 pm

Matthew wrote:Here's the thing.....I prefer listening to artist music in album form rather than compilation form which includes the Masters box sets. I don't want album diplication but I also want good quality. Do I seak out the 30 Mini LP CDs or wait for the eventual re-release of these albums on FTD which have added content?

If you are financially capable, get 'em both...

they are definetely both worth owning

Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:58 pm

minkahed wrote:

Is that from a collectors point of view? I'm trying not to think that way..I want stuff that I will play, for eg. I buy the normal FTDs so I'm covered as far as outtakes go. If I own both the Mini LP CD and FTD of Elvis Is Back for example I'll only play one (main album).

I think maybe I'll go the FTD route...

Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:58 pm

minkahed wrote:
Matthew wrote:Here's the thing.....I prefer listening to artist music in album form rather than compilation form which includes the Masters box sets. I don't want album diplication but I also want good quality. Do I seak out the 30 Mini LP CDs or wait for the eventual re-release of these albums on FTD which have added content?

As good as they are sounding now I would reckon that all the Japanese 24bit/96kHz releases will eventually be superseded with the DSD remastered BMG reissues of these albums.

That's already happened with his first 3 albums and I'm sure more stuff is already in the can for next year, with 2006 being the 50th anniversary of Elvis' contract with RCA!