Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mississippi Alabama Fair Tupelo '56 Footage?

Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:31 pm

Can anybody remind where I can find the best source of this footage on existing releases?

I have recently been dubbing perfect quality cd audio to Elvis footage with poor or no audio present with fantastic results. TTWII orig version and On Tour are transformed with perfect sound.

I plan to add audio where I can to the Tupelo footage. On PRESLEY - BBC doc Elvis is given the key to the city by the mayor which looks great with added sound.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:22 pm

Already been done for the Tupelo show footage, though how you will work out the song being sung on the color clips is something else :lol:

Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:07 am

Steve,

I dont know where its already been done.
Do you mean the clip where Elvis is accepting that award?? Thats the only clip i can think of where the audio is matching the visual footage.

There are various short clips of Elvis performing on stage on various videos/DVDs but its silent.
I think that's what Lester means.
The colour film is too far away to know what song is being sung so i doubt it would work.
There is that newsreel they did which is perfect quality.
Does anyone know where this is complete or how much was filmed??

Sean

Sun Aug 14, 2005 12:12 am

Well, you need Keith for this, he posted a perfectly synched clip of.....i think it was My Baby Left Me, but at this moment in time I'm completely drunk and lost and don't even know where I live, but I love you all and you're all my bestest friend. hic...

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:49 pm

Like some items on occasion, it appears to have been
"taken out of rotation" for awhile.

Man, I love that site of his!

http://www.keithflynn.com/video/index.html

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 pm

I did something with that footage, I'm sure of it, can't find it now.

It was either one of the K's was saying to me that they think there is a cross over on the color with some of the b&w, so it maybe that if they can be synched to each other as footage the clearer b&w can have the audio then set up for both.