Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis last concert VCD

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:41 am

Anyone have this or the video? How is it?

Also wondering about the 25th anniversary concert VCD. I have one but it is select performances and missing the ones I care the most about..... is there a complete show floating around out there?

Thanks!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:46 am

I have that VCD. The quality is far from good. I always thought that maybe it was becuase my VHS tape was n generation but the VCD is not a big improvment either.

Francesc

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:54 am

I think that the quality is quite good (considering it's captured out of the audience). The sound is dubbed from the "Adios - The Final Performance" CD and is synchronised very well....

Man, the difference between this show and Rapid City or Omaha (CBS Special) is stunning. Elvis talks, moves and sings a whole lot better. A damn shame that they didn't tape this show (the CBS crew was interviewing fans on the airport that day)!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:36 pm

The problem with these VCD releases is that the picture quality is reduced once the material is transferred to this format. DVDR is a much better option. It’s also worth considering that in many cases the videos used for these VCD transfers are not first generation copies, and so the quality suffers again.

The original film is quite watchable, although it obviously isn’t up to the standard of professionally shot footage. Like the Lincoln and Cincinnati shows, we hear Elvis in good spirits, and good voice, but I think the reason for this is because he knew the CBS cameras were not present, and this allowed him to relax, and put in good performances. Had the CBS cameras been filming at any of these shows, I think the outcome might have been somewhat different.