Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:41 am

If we may, (and I know it's probably been discussed to death on this MB) let's discuss the sound on FTD movie soundtrax for a minute...

I noticed a great deal of the movie songs sound good on FTD, but not much better than we've had before on the original Lp or cd on regular RCA/BMG releases.

ok, so, are they jus releasing the same old transfers onto FTD, or are they remastering the soundtrax w/out this DSD technology?

I've read before that Ernst is releasing these with Original EQ, but is this better?

The outtakes usually sound better on the FTD's than the Masters...is this jus another avenue on saving $$$?

Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:59 am

minkahed wrote:If we may, (and I know it's probably been discussed to death on this MB) let's discuss the sound on FTD movie soundtrax for a minute...

I noticed a great deal of the movie songs sound good on FTD, but not much better than we've had before on the original Lp or cd on regular RCA/BMG releases.

ok, so, are they jus releasing the same old transfers onto FTD, or are they remastering the soundtrax w/out this DSD technology?

I've read before that Ernst is releasing these with Original EQ, but is this better?

The outtakes usually sound better on the FTD's than the Masters...is this jus another avenue on saving $$$?

GOOD QUESTION.

I suspect that FTD have been using the old transfers.

I have never understood Ernst spiel about Original EQ - I mean why reproduce on CD the EQ curve that was optimised for vinyl - makes no sense.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:36 pm

All the sessions will keep coming out when there is a new way to get the sound better than the last time the sessions were put out on cd.

Mind on,loving you soundtrack,that will take some doing to beat that for been re-issued after the last version etc.