Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Aug 23, 2005 4:37 am

The well known August 16th 1974 recording was done in Hollywood I think.

Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:39 am

Axeman wrote:I remember hearing on cassette, long before it was out on boot CD, some of the Aug 16 1974 rehearsal. As it was explained to me, someone who worked at the Hilton was cleaning the showroom at about the time elvis would rehearse and they'd leave a tape recorder in one of the seats, runnning.

joeroberts wrote:The well known August 16th 1974 recording was done in Hollywood I think.

Joe is correct, it was taped in-line on a C-90 cassette at RCA Hollywood, on 6363 Sunset Boulevard. Ed Bonja either made the recording or it was given to him after the rehearsal. The Jan '70 and Jan '72 rehearsals are off-line, and somewhat of a mystery.

DJC

Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:03 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Axeman wrote:I remember hearing on cassette, long before it was out on boot CD, some of the Aug 16 1974 rehearsal. As it was explained to me, someone who worked at the Hilton was cleaning the showroom at about the time elvis would rehearse and they'd leave a tape recorder in one of the seats, runnning.

joeroberts wrote:The well known August 16th 1974 recording was done in Hollywood I think.

Joe is correct, it was taped in-line on a C-90 cassette at RCA Hollywood, on 6363 Sunset Boulevard. Ed Bonja either made the recording or it was given to him after the rehearsal. The Jan '70 and Jan '72 rehearsals are off-line, and somewhat of a mystery.

DJC

Yes that's right, I had forgotten about that. Back in the day, we thought it was in the showroom in the afternoon...

Axe