People wander and weave in the garden,
Where Elvis played host to his friends,
When the days were rich with laughter,
And the songs just had no end.
A Cadillac stands on the driveway,
By the stone lions, that sit by the door,
But today it's no longer needed,
For Elvis, travels no more. MC. 2001.

Long before I came to this Forum I had read Elvis fan's complaints about the level of abuse they received by a small clique of malcontents who are regular posters here. I thought the complaints were probably exaggerated. And went about promoting Elvis in a very positive way by contacting the media whenever I thought they would respond.
Fortunately for me they sat up and listened. Subsequently more than 130 articles appeared in the press and magazines. TV and Radio were also receptive and dozens of Radio Shows mentioned Elvis in a fresh light. Three TV shows featured our Elvis stories including Memphis TV. But the jealousy of some here is just beyond belief, and I am not their only target. Nevertheless their futile attempts at wit are so juvenile they do indeed have me laughing out loud.

Paul McLeod in, Graceland Too, Holly Springs, Mississippi reckons he is, "The greatest Elvis fan in the World and Universe". Looks like he has some competition from the inflated egos in this neck of the wood.

Trying to make me out as being arrogant just shows their inability to see beyond their myopic outlook. Not the most profound group by a long shot. They know who they are and most discerning visitors to this Forum will recognise them soon enough.
Meanwhile, we are in the Newspapers again:-) Sculptor Michiel Van der Sommen's lecture in Dublin is sure to be quite an event next Wednesday-posters for it are appearing everywhere! I'll keep you posted.

http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez See the, "Fingal Independent".

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:10 pm

Retracted.

Hadn't read enough spectacle posts to venture an opinion on his character. Suffice it to say, he's an Elvis fan expressing it in his own way.
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Jun 14, 2003 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:10 pm

:roll:

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:37 pm

Maurice -
I've no doubt that you're a staunch, loyal Elvis fan, and your tireless efforts on his behalf are laudable. But the criticism you're encountering on this board has nothing to do with those efforts, rather it's the continual self-promotion of those efforts that folks are finding off-putting. With practically every post you throw it up in our faces as if you're trying to rub our noses in it! You wanna talk Elvis, then we'll talk Elvis. You wanna talk "Here's what I, spectacle have done for Elvis" then expect to be taken to task. Seriously Maurice, what do expect a ticker-tape parade or something? Just tone down the self-promotion and I'm sure you'll find that people on here will interact with you in a more positive manner. :)

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:22 am

Peter Dube, It may appear to you that I am throwing stuff in your face but that is just misinterpretation. There is really a lot going on here in Ireland because of sheer hard work and perseverence. No I dont need a ticker tape parade for promoting Elvis-I do it because I have a knack for it, and I often get positive coverage of Elvis Presley.

Vicarious fame is all good and well but I DO have a life outside of being an Elvis fan which, believe it or not, I find far more rewarding.

Some here attack other fans just for the sake of it-just take into consideration all the complaints by others in the past few months alone.

Many on ELVISNUMBERONES will not post here because of the reception they got in the past. Some people are sensitive and are deeply hurt by personal attacks.

It is my nature to be outspoken when I know I am doing some good. And no matter what the less savoury characters here write I have no intention of stopping.

The Bottom line is you do not HAVE to read my threads or posts. The reason I get so much attention is obvious.

I have noticed the numbers reading, if accurate, show many are too timid to join in here where they may be met with cruel ridicule by oafs with nothing to contribute but whining.

This is the last time I will reply to the accusation of self promotion I will just copy and paste this as an answer in the future.

http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez Dont click on the link it may be dangerous to your health:-)

Dolores Hart

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:33 am

I just watched your gallery and saw a picture of a letter from Dolores Hart.... Come to think of it, are there any post King Creole pictures of her? I always considered her as one of the most beautiful actresses in any Elvis movie...

So, does anyone has picturs of Dolores Hart after 1960? Please post it the picture (or link)

edit: I already found one myself:

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixt ... ry_328.asp
Last edited by Albert on Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:37 am

Can't we all just get along?

:roll:

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:48 am

Albert, Yes Dolores Hart was my particular favourite in Elvis' movies. There are plenty of photos of her if you just enter her name on a search engine.

She has kindly written a number of letters to us from. http://www.abbeyofreginalaudis.com

Debra Paget was also a favourite in, "Love Me Tender" etc.

elvis-fan, ok a Hug for you too:-)

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:53 am

Maury -

If you spent as much time at your local bar -- surely there's one near you -- as you do promoting yourself and your love affair with Elvis statues on this MB we'd all be a lot happier.

God bless!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:41 am

What's up Doc!

Surely even you can read the title of this thread and the authors name?

Even you could anticipate it would be about Elvis Presley and not Elvis trivia which you appear to be a master of.

The beautiful, "Elvis at 13" statue in Tupelo Mississippi is there because of my letter to the Mayor, and the wonderful artistic skill of Michiel Van der Sommen -get over it:-)

EDIT. It features in today's edition of, "The Irish Times" Magazine. Its second appearance in that particular newspaper;-) See
http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez

No questions about Elvis' toenails for you to pontificate on?