Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:55 pm

The following report makes interesting reading:

http://biz.yahoo.com/e/050809/ckxe10qsb.html

Brian :)

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:07 pm

And its ALLdown to money :? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:15 pm

tickets? ugh...now i know why the tickets were so outrageous. i can't believe i paid the people who are bringing us american idol.

::goes into shock:: what did i do? oh, what did i contribute to... oh, dear.

lisa marie sold her father's name and likeness to the american idol people. ::gasp::

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:19 pm

The Presley Business........

That pretty much says it all.

Tom

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:27 pm

Presley Business

The Presley Business consists of generating revenue from the name and likeness of Elvis Presley, including physical and intellectual property owned or created by Elvis Presley during his life. Our primary revenue sources include ticket sales and related income from public tours of Graceland, income from licensing Elvis' name and likeness for consumer products, commercials and other uses and royalties and other income derived from intellectual property created by Elvis including records, movies, videos and music publishing. We also derive revenue from the operation of Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel and the Meadow Oaks apartment complex. Most of our revenue sources are dependant upon the public's continued interest in Elvis and the intellectual property he created.

Lovely. Gotta go out and get me one of those Elvis ducks. :roll:

I'd really love some 'public domain' to kick in on these bastards.

Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:46 pm

Presley Business

We also derive revenue from the operation of Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel and the Meadow Oaks apartment complex.

What is this?? Presley Place?

Tom

Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:42 pm

At least we have the ducks :? :?

Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Meadow Oaks, I believe, is the apartment complex just north of Graceland, on the same side of the street as the mansion. Perhaps EPE purchase it with the intent to tear it down at some point, or at the least to maintain some semblance of dignified use of property so close to Graceland.

It comes as no surprise that licensing accounts for a larger share of revenues than tours. That's always where they've been most aggressive.

Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:15 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Presley Business

We also derive revenue from the operation of Elvis Presley's Heartbreak Hotel and the Meadow Oaks apartment complex.

What is this?? Presley Place?

Tom

TINC....its probably a retirement home for the ducks :wink:

Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:23 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:TINC....its probably a retirement home for the ducks

I heard it was a real dump. I guess growing old gracefully isn't all it's quacked up to be.Image

Tom

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:TINC....its probably a retirement home for the ducks

I heard it was a real dump. I guess growing old gracefully isn't all it's quacked up to be.Image

Tom

OUCH!!!! You nearly laid an egg there TINC :wink:

Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:16 pm

ehh ehh ehh.......you said laid!.......heh heh heh

Tom

Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:10 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:ehh ehh ehh.......you said laid!.......heh heh heh

Tom

BABY... you wish :wink: