Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TOO MUCH MONKEY BUSINESS

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:13 pm

Anyone who knows if Too Much Monkey Business, as featured on THIS IS ELVIS soundtrack in a short/edited version, is the original take 5 or an alternate? (9?)
Reason I ask is that I spliced the vinyl version, on my MD. Then copied it over to CDRW, and it sounds so fresh and crispy, I thought I've done my own E1 version of it!? Anyone?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:06 pm

That's pretty interesting...

I think you'll find that if you go straight to CD-R, you'll have much better sound, I used to use Mini-Discs and the sound compression really takes a lot out of it.

After I found that out, I started using my PC for my edits/etc, and I'm having to do most of my work all over again, but it's been worth it.

Just a suggestion from someone who's been there. :) As for the take, I'd have to hear it, but it's probably the master.

Hi Mike!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:40 pm

I've experienced the same! Still, what I do is to transfer the MD's onto a
CDRW, using a PHILIPS CD recorder! From that CDRW I burn my copies onto another CDR/W and that's when the E1 effect occurs!
Mind you I do that only with songs I have spliced/looped.
The version of Too Much Monkey Business was first transferred onto MD from the LP.
Then spliced/looped to run 3:09. I copied that one using the PHILIPS, onto CDRW.
And then copying that CDRW using the PC and my NERO. The outcome is absolutely smashing!
I've done that with a lot of songs, especially songs that run less than 2:00.
And some special favourites. I can mention MEMPHIS TENNESSEE, my version running 3:11.
I find this hobby to make the listening experience much more enjoyable!
KISSIN' COUSINS (NO2) when spliced actually sounds GOOD!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:44 pm

bajo, sounds fantastic, love to hear some

Hi Simmer!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:53 pm

I've often have the wish that Ernst and Roger would find the idea to do some loops/splices! Especially with the very short songs.
I've looped songs like:
STOP, LOOK AND LISTEN
LONG LEGGED GIRL
DIRTY DIRTY FEELING
PARTY
ONE BROKEN HEART FOR SALE
WOLF CALL
FORT LAUDERDALE...
STARTIN' TONIGHT
among others. And, to me, the listening experience is so much bette.
Many Elvis songs that short, fades out when they become catchy! I hated that, so I did it on my own! Try it out! It's simply fun!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:41 pm

According to Tunzi’s “Sessions II” the track on This Is Elvis” was an edited version of the original master. RCA tried to pass of a couple of previously issued masters as “unreleased” on the “This Is Elvis” album. The live “1970” version of “Suspicious Minds” included on the same LP, was actually an edited version of the January 14, 1973 recording from the Aloha show.