Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Place your bets........

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:48 pm

With your very own Elvis - 'Viva Las Vegas' Poker set! :shock: :shock:

New ELVIS® “Viva Las Vegas” Poker Set Takes Center Stage at Elvis Week. (Thank **** for that! I thought they were going to disappoint everybody with news of an EOT DVD set! :wink:)

The legend of Elvis Presley lives on through America's favorite games with a twist by USAOPOLY. (Hey don't forget the duck! Has it gone 'down' in EPE's estimation?)

CARLSBAD, Calif., August 8, 2005 -- The timeless appeal and cross-generational allure of Elvis Presley make it easy for USAOPOLY to put Elvis spins on games everyone knows and loves to play. Following the successful releases of MONOPOLY®: Elvis, Elvis Trivia and Elvis Checkers, USAOPOLY unveils the new Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” Collector's Poker Set at the beloved Graceland Mansion in Memphis, Tennessee during Elvis Week, Monday, August 8 - Tuesday, August 16, 2005.

"Poker has this country all shook up, (YAWN :roll: ) says John M. Davis, president of USAOPOLY. "Putting a Las Vegas Elvis twist on a classic game like poker is a natural fit.” (So we can look forward to an Elvis themed 't*tty bar?)

What makes the Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” Poker Set so different is the inspiration behind the cool white case. It's designed to look like the famous jumpsuits Elvis wore during his legendary Vegas performances. (YAWN :roll: )

The beautiful red velvet interior holds 200 red, purple and white eight-gram clay chips embossed with Elvis' signature and two decks of high quality Elvis themed playing cards. Of course, each of the kings in each of the four suits has been transformed into Elvis (the one and only "King" of Rock & Roll) (Spare us please!!!) performing in concert in Las Vegas and on tour. Every element of the unique poker set is completely customized and authorized by Elvis Presley Enterprises. (Who else?)

The new Elvis “Viva Las Vegas” Poker Set will be available for purchase this month at Graceland (but no FED's unfortunately)and also online at ShopElvis.com. Specialty stores such as Barnes & Noble, Hastings Entertainment and Tower Records will also carry the collector's game this holiday.

:? :? :? :? :wink:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:28 pm

Hilarious Del!!!.......and yet sad and pitiful as well. These people are clueless. The Elvis strip club has promise though, considering the tacky and tasteless direction they are going here.

I can't help but recall what Parker said the day Elvis died. "Nothing has changed".

It seems EPE said the same thing after the Ole Colonel kicked the bucket.
"Nothing has changed". Same schlocky, garish, tacky uber-merchandising with nary a thought of how it degrades the man.

Let's not go to the expense of actually putting out the MAN himself via film for all the world to see. Let's obscure and hide the actual magic he made until we run out of Elvis Ducks and Elvis Games and Elvis Trashcans and Elvis Salt And Pepper Shakers and Elvis Ashtrays and Elvis Underwear and.......

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Sad but true Scatter, they've lost sight of EP the man, the genius. He is now for the most part just a product.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:53 pm

All we need now is Elvis Toilet Paper.....oooops perhaps I should not give EPE ideas :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:54 pm

All we need now is Elvis Toilet Paper.....oooops perhaps I should not give EPE ideas :wink:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:07 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:All we need now is Elvis Toilet Paper.....oooops perhaps I should not give EPE ideas :wink:

We're not that far off Rusty -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELVIS-PRESLEY-TOILET-SEAT-COVER_W0QQitemZ7536936085QQcategoryZ433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELVIS-PRESLEY-white-suit-TOILET-SEAT-COVER_W0QQitemZ7535088443QQcategoryZ433QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:oops:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 pm

In fact we are near :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Quote: All we need now is Elvis Toilet Paper.....oooops perhaps I should not give EPE ideas

Ok, now you have really inspired me. Here are a few "ideas" I have for future Elvis items offered via EP enterprises.

Elvis baby wipes

Elvis kotex

Elvis condoms

Elvis dental floss

Elvis hemoriod creme

Elvis Heartbreak Roach Motel

Elvis adult diapers (for older fans)

Elvis earwax removal kit

Hell, if they really want to disprespect his memory, and go beyond bad taste, why don't they just buy a pharmacutical drug company and market Elvis drugs.

Now there's a money maker!!!!

So with these ideas, do you think EP enterprises would ever hire me??

I'm no worse than their "think-tank".

Well maybe I am.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:15 pm

If some fans get their way we will have Elvis toilet paper, it will be sold as a replica of the very stuff hanging there ready for Elvis to use when he died if they open the upstairs up for the fans. :cry:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:27 pm

Steve -

Hey, Elvis Toilet Paper could be a seller !

They could put mug shots of Parker & Goldman on alternate sheets !

Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:30 pm

ColinB wrote:Steve -

Hey, Elvis Toilet Paper could be a seller !

They could put mug shots of Parker & Goldman on alternate sheets !

Great stuff Colin!