Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

member(s) of the 'Memphis Mafia' you enjoyed meeting...

Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:07 pm

The Memphis Mafia has been discussed here. Many people have opinions on them (pro and con).

My question is this: Which members of the 'Memphis Mafia' did you enjoy meeting (or seeing in person)?

There are no wrong answers here.

Tom (from Ohio)
Last edited by hounddawgs6499 on Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 7:48 pm

Got to be Charlie Hodge, if you can class him as one of the mafia. I have met Charlie Hodge many times at functions in the UK, but the best time was probably when I was invited back to a party with him at somebodys house where he was staying. There was only about 5 or 6 people and we sat and talked about Elvis for hours.
Charlie Hodge didn't half knock back the drink, I can't remember what he drank, but he mixed it with milk....
He must have had a bottle of spirit at least, and when he went to bed, at about 4 in the morning, he walked as straight has anything. He got up from the chair, said goodnight and went to bed. Calm has hell, I couldn't believe it.

It was a great night, I will never forget.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:21 pm

Joe Lightcloud wrote: at somebodys house where he was staying.

Mayhe he lives also with Luo Vuto ? hahaha.

Charlie Hodge was not a Memphis Mafia member.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:30 pm

No he wasn't really, but he did hang about with 'em for 20 years

Who the hell is Lou vouto or what ever it was

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:39 pm

Joe, Luo Vuto is the impersonator that is working with Charlie Hodge in Pigeon Forge, TN. So the same thing was doing with Elvis , he does for Vuto.

So you are telling that charlie Hodge after living with Elvis, went to live with someone else? for 20 years?

Francesc

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:43 pm

Rubbish, Charlie Hodge was over in England for a few days, and he stayed in Leeds, with the fan club. We was invited to a party with him, at a friends house where he stayed, this was back in the 80's.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:50 pm

Sorry Joe, I really misread your message about the 20 years , :oops:

Francesc

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:53 pm

OK no problem, I ment Charlie Hodge hung about with the Memphis Mafia for 20 years....or how many years it was.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:55 pm

Is he with a bloody impersonator now, is he.

Good God, what the Hell is the world coming to.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:59 pm

Charlie was with Elvis after the Army, so I guess 17 years. After Elvis died, he was still in Graceland after Vernon gave him the kick !

Francesc

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:07 pm

Francesc, I would like to compliment you on your fantastic site, I have been looking at that site, since I got the computer.

Very professional.... Thank You

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:08 pm

8) Thankyou ...when did you get the computer lol?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:13 pm

Not long back, I think it was January, February time this year, so I don't even know how to use it... right yet. But I'm getting there.

SLOWLY BUT SURELY

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:16 pm

Charlie Hodge now-with Lou Vuto at Memories Theatre

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:23 pm

GOOD GOD, WHAT A DOWNER, TO WORK WITH SOMEBODY LIKE THAT.

LOOK AT THE CRAPPY SUIT.

How long have you had the site running, I couldn't believe it, when I first found it. Information or what!

I have been trying now for many years to log down all the Elvis shows, songs sung, suits worn, musicians, dates, times, places... everything.
When I found your site, I fell of the god damn chair, I couldn't believe it.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:32 pm

Sorry Swedish, I didn't realise it was you, who sent the photo.
I thought it was Francesc.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:41 pm

LOOK AT THE STATE OF THAT PHOTO

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:10 pm

T r a g i c ! ! ! :shock:

member(s) of the 'Memphis Mafia' you enjoyed meeting...

Sat Jun 14, 2003 6:56 pm

Charlie Hodge would be classified as "Memphis Mafia".

I figured that anyone who was friends with Elvis, hung around with him, and/or worked for him would qualify as "Memphis Mafia".

Charlie Hodge is an acceptable answer. He was with Elvis for several years. George Klein would qualify as an acceptable answer.

For those who have forgotten and/or lost track, the question I asked was this:

Which members of the 'Memphis Mafia' did you enjoy meeting (or seeing in person)?

Hopefully we can get back to the topic.

Tom (from Ohio)

Lordy, lordy, lordy ................

Sat Jun 14, 2003 8:01 pm

"And now, ........... the end is near, and so I face, the final curtain ........"

Poor 'Ol Charlie, ........ definitely doing it his way.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Swedish - I wish I had never seen that photo, now .............

I need to go erase my memory of it, somehow. :wink:

N8
...just a fan....

PS - Sorry, still off-topic ................. lol ...............

Sun Jun 15, 2003 12:55 am

Joe Lightcloud wrote:Charlie Hodge was over in England for a few days, and he stayed in Leeds, with the fan club. We was invited to a party with him, at a friends house where he stayed, this was back in the 80's.

What a small world it is! I also went back to the party in Leeds. I remember the 68 Comeback was playing in one of the rooms.

He seemed like a decent guy and was telling stories all night. It was interesting to hear his comments on the 68 Special, and just a little weird to think he was the same guy on the tv with Elvis!

Shame he's with the impersonator now. I would have thought after the real thing he wouldn't have time for the fakes.

Perhaps the impersonator makes Charlie sound like he can sing?

Sun Jun 15, 2003 1:43 pm

Ha Ha, right, because I can't understand why Elvis even bothered having him sing with him, he... in my opinion must be one of the worst singers out.
Elvis should not have let him get to a microphone, just kept him as "GENERAL FLUNKY", on stage.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 2:09 pm

One of the funniest moments in <b>That's The Way It Is</b> is when Elvis is rehearsing 'I Just Can't Help Believing'. Charlie attempts some harmonizing and it's clear Elvis thinks he's singing way off. He gives Charlie an hilarious look.

It makes for a very sad picture, looking at Charlie with that impersonator. I don't know how anyone could try to emulate Elvis, looking like that guy in the photo!

No doubt the audience love it. I often wonder if the people watching (and enjoying) the impersonators, actually own <b>any</b> Elvis music or videos.

Very sad Charlie has to resort to working with a guy like that. Surely Charlie could get another job.

Haven't they got any vacancies at McDonalds?

Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:26 pm

Good Thinking, Getlo. There again I bet they wouldn't have him, if they saw that picture.

I can't believe he has resorted to working with somebody like that.

members of the 'MM' you enjoyed meeting....

Wed Jun 18, 2003 7:18 pm

I started this thread awhile ago.

I'm going to ask the question AGAIN:

Which members of the "Memphis Mafia" did you enjoy meeting (or seeing in person)?

PLEASE stay on the subject matter this time.
Please disregard the responses that were posted before this one - since a majority of them do not concern this specific thread.

Tom (from Ohio)