Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I would like to introduce these guys because they never.....

Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:38 am

"I would like to introduce these guys because they never get introduced...."

Yet he introduces them every night?

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:19 am

Tony -

I often wondered how The Sweet Inspirations felt when he introduced each member of The Stamps individually !

Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:11 pm

BG - I think he means they never get a mention from anywhere except when they're with him on stage, dunno, maybe not.

Colin, that was the next step in the lengthening of the intros so that the Elvis show could be cut down to three songs eventually, See See Rider - variable song - Can't Help Falling In Love.
Alas that stage never saw completion as Elvis passed away before it was due to be included as part of the show

Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:18 pm

I must admit I find the lengthy band intro's annoying in the later shows. If they were an addition fine, but they took a fairly hefty chunk of Elvis out of the one hour show. :?

Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:40 pm

The answer could be that The Sweet Inspirations introduced themselves during the first part of the show. Of course, J.D. Sumner and The Stamps were also part of that, but I heard never that they introduced themselves individually.

Frank.

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:13 pm

ColinB wrote:Tony -

I often wondered how The Sweet Inspirations felt when he introduced each member of The Stamps individually !

Check out the intros on Elvis As Recorded At Madison Square Garden...

Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:29 am

ColinB wrote:I often wondered how The Sweet Inspirations felt when he introduced each member of The Stamps individually !

Frank is correct.

The Sweets were introduced individually every night. They were part of the warm up show and that's when it took place even though it wasn't Elvis who introduced them.

I was one of the few who was lucky enough to witness this in person a couple of times.

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:52 am

Who introduced them and why weren't the Stamps introduced individually at the same time ?

Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:58 am

One of the Sweets (I think it was Estelle) introduced them. Not sure about J.D. and the Stamps because they weren't always in the opening acts.

Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:54 am

Delboy wrote:I must admit I find the lengthy band intro's annoying in the later shows. If they were an addition fine, but they took a fairly hefty chunk of Elvis out of the one hour show. :?

I agree. A necessary evil since E needed to include a rest break into his show. Too bad!

bpd