Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:22 pm

I think that's a little harsh.

It promised nothing - so no expectations can be drawn from the sellers claims.

I'd want more info before parting with that much money, if I then paid it and got what you'd got I'd be blaming myself more than the seller for having bought it.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:49 pm

tcb1 i agree 100% the dvd is a rip off 20 pounds down the drain the original vhs my homes is far better.

jess

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:51 pm

I said I thought it was a little harsh, blaming the seller, not totally harsh, that also doesn't mean what you said was a little harsh, just that I thought it was.

And it is not true what you say, you can be as clever as me, most others are cleverer than me so you gotta a bit of catching up to do, but you've made the best start by realising the problem. :wink:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:16 pm

I'll stick with my own DVD-R of Joe's Home Movies that I created myself then !

At least I got chapters and made a nice disc label print up. :D

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:37 pm

Putting aside what it is, lets generalise a litttle more to find out if a rip off has occurred.

I've something for sale (not telling you fully what it is) price:£100.

No harm in that at all.

No ones been ripped off yet either.

Someone decides of their own choice and free will to pay me £100 for it and they get what I give them.

Who ripped themselves off in that scenario ?

Granted that the OEPFC of GB does claim to have a good standing in the Elvis community, but how can it have if it rips people off ?

The answer is that it can't really. People will vote with their feet and they will lose their credibility one hundred times quicker than it took them to get if they do rip people off. Maybe that could be the beginning of what is happening right now with tsb1's purchase.

Having said that, is the footage just rare as claimed, or is it previously unseen footage ?
Under what conditions would you expect to get your money back on this ?

Was the payment made out to OEPFC or a third party ? Was OEPFC merely the vehicle for distributing info on the sale or was it actually the seller ?

Hi

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:51 pm

Even if they were only the ''vehicle for distributing info on the sale'', I think that if it IS that bad as being described, Todd is to blame.
He is offering something for sale, in my book the seller should know WHAT he is selling.
Cheers
Simon

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:54 pm

Yes, but where has he made a claim that he doesn't know or that he has claimed he is selling something he is not. ?

Hi

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:01 pm

I think that for 20 odd pounds you can expect something better than this drivel they are describing. I understand that Todd cannot check each and every item he is selling, but I would fully understand if the people that ordered it, wanted their money back.
Cheers
Simon

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:33 pm

Todd is burning the DVD's himself ?

I know they are DVD-R's but what evidence do you have to state that Todd is burning these himself and not someone else or that they are bought in as DVD-R's?

I think that it might be a good time to remind anyone who reads this that FECC do not share the views of the posters nor to they claim that comments made by posters are accurate of have any basis of truth in them.

If it was advertised as a DVD you are entitled to your money back. If it was advertised as a DVD-R then you've got what was advertised.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:31 am

Steve_M wrote:I think that it might be a good time to remind anyone who reads this that FECC do not share the views of the posters nor to they claim that comments made by posters are accurate of have any basis of truth in them.

Did they really say that? :lol:

Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:45 am

Yeah, somewhere. It's filed under various miscellaneous non descript items of varying sub sections and mostly in micro film format.

Trust me :wink:

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:12 am

I've never been a member of the fan club.

So I can't say if Todd Slaughter's reputation is deserved or not.

All I know is, he is held in very low regard by a lot of fans these days.

He has sure blotted his copy-book somewhere along the way !

Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:50 am

This Slaughterhouse DVDr is definately not from Malaysia. Why is it every bootleg DVD and CD they always use Malaysia and Pakistan as scapegoat. I remember in the 80s it was Korea.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:11 pm

im going to try and get a refund on my money. ive been a member of the fan club for 20 years and never been ripped of before this as come as a big shock to me. :( they are normally excellent .

Jess

Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:36 pm

ME4EP wrote:I'll stick with my own DVD-R of Joe's Home Movies that I created myself then !

At least I got chapters and made a nice disc label print up. :D

ME4EP... where is that picture from? Out-takes of Elvis on Tour?

Sun Aug 07, 2005 5:45 am

Is this the 8 millimeter film entitled "Up Your Nose," that Elvis said was in post-production in August '69?

Or is it the long lost footage of EP and The Widow?