Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

tickle me sleeve

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:49 am

was wondering if anyone's FTD Tickle me cover as a slight scuffy, dirty almost yellowy tint to the areas that are supposed to white?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:55 am

Maybe Ernst's dog peed on yours......does it smell?? :wink:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:05 am

You have the real thing. It is not white.

It sure stands out when you put them on the rack with the rest of them, doesn't it?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 11:51 am

my original US EP from '65 is bright white, so let's say, in better condition than the new FTD ... cover shot is sharper too

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:47 pm

Well you wouldn't buy it for the new material - but as a 'collectable' it is ok.

I spotted a couple of errors on the cover too that haven't been mentioned.
On the CD itself it says
"I Feel That I've Known You Forever" written by 'Doc Pomus/Alan Jeffreys' which is correct, except that the sleeve wrongly indicates 'Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman'

The CD incorrectly says "Night Rider" by 'Doc Pomus/Alan Jeffreys', whereas the sleeve is right saying 'Doc Pomus/Mort Shuman'

It seems that some sloppy copy & pasting has been going on and not checked properly. The master of 'Dirty, Dirty Feeling' is indicated as running 03:55 which is also wrong

Full review & audio analysis coming to EIN soon.

Cheers
Piers

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:18 pm

Hell yeah, mine looks yellow too!

Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:56 am

Oh Well. It's the music that counts. And this is the only place that I will have the single master of "I'm Yours". Not counting my old, scratcy 45 rpm. Thanks, Ernst.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:54 pm

JerryNodak wrote:Oh Well. It's the music that counts. And this is the only place that I will have the single master of "I'm Yours". Not counting my old, scratcy 45 rpm. Thanks, Ernst.

Actually we've had the "Single Master" a few times - 'Rare Elvis', Japanese 'Complete Singles Collection', but this is the first time it's been released in "Stereo"

Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:04 pm

Keith: True. But I was speaking strictly for myself. As I don't have any of the other releases. And it will be nice to have it in stereo.