Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

"CBS ELVIS Mini Series" to be released in october

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:42 pm

Finally it will be released on two single dvds. Dam*, just got a dvdr copy on ebay :evil:

Source: elvisclubberlin.de

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:43 pm

To be released ???

They mean day release, surely ?

After that it has to be kept locked up again.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:46 pm

October??!! Well, I guess it will take that long to digitally make Jonathan Rhys-Meyers taller. I'll pass.

Tom

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:50 pm

Hold me back :roll: I gave them the benefit of doubt that they would do this project correct this time... got burned again. I would rather shoot myself in the head than have to sit throuh that guy doing If I Can Dream again.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: "CBS ELVIS Mini Series" to be released in octo

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:03 pm

KingOfSpades wrote:Finally it will be released on two single dvds. Dam*, just got a dvdr copy on ebay :evil:

Source: elvisclubberlin.de

You could have known that was getting a DVD release. Nowadays the studions throw everything out on DVD as soon as possible.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:16 pm

Elvis-4-Ever wrote: Nowadays the studions throw everything out on DVD as soon as possible.

Not everything: Image

Tom

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:20 pm

LOL, I knew I had to typ that. :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:22 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
Elvis-4-Ever wrote: Nowadays the studions throw everything out on DVD as soon as possible.

Not everything: Image

Tom

Tell me about it! Preach it brother!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I wonder how can they afford the song rights to release this on DVD. I thought it was too expensive to do so. At least that is the arguement for not releasing "elvis on tour". And who is going to buy this?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:15 am

Absolutely Ekenee. How many songs are on this CBS show ? There must be more than on EOT.

Anyone know as I never bothered to let them insult me by watching it. :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:19 am

They save the big money for the real important projects... :shock:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:22 am

Quote: Absolutely Ekenee. How many songs are on this CBS show ? There must be more than on EOT.

To be honest there were not that many songs in it, but my point was made.

I think this project is a DVD version of say, Elvis plates, Elvis lamps, Elvis ashtrays, Elvis wallpaper.

Junk junk junk, and yet those Jonathon Rhys Meyers fans don't have to wait 35 years for it to be released.

What do they do, they rush release it, just in time for Christmas.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:03 am

They rush out a steaming pile of excrement like this and leave us in the lurch for the real deal. EPE should be ashamed that they lent their name and aid to this embarrassment of a flick :roll: :evil:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:39 am

Release this garbage but keep EOT rotting away. Unbelievable!
I didn't watch the mini series then and I sure won't be buying it now.

There is some good news though! EPE still has a few Elvis ducks for sale.

Hurry!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:22 am

This is indeed a treat for all! Any type delay of this masterpiece reaching the fans might cause riots in the suburbs..

Italianjob

Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:49 pm

In fairness you can't blame EPE by saying "They release this crap but not EOT" when all they have is this crap - they don't have EOT, that's Turners bag.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:59 pm

In more "all fairness," I believe "they" is generally speaking. It wasn't a slam against EPE (even though I couldn't find the word "crap" in any of the above posts.)

How can you hold someone responsible that does not own the footage? We can't.

However, they do own the Elvis ducks!!!! Those will preserve his image the way we want it. Don't miss out!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:06 pm

Italianjob,

I like your artwork! "The legend you know, the story you don't! We made it up!". :D

They certainly did!

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:22 pm

Rob wrote:In more "all fairness," I believe "they" is generally speaking. It wasn't a slam against EPE (even though I couldn't find the word "crap" in any of the above posts.)

You won't find it hence it wasn't a quote, we call garbage crap over here, though not the other way around.

"They" only have Elvis ducks left - what do you expect them to do - hold onto it and not release it ?

That'd make them as bad as Turner. :wink:

Personally I think releasing the duck was a foul idea.
But, here's the crux of it, there is one thing worse than making the duck available and that's buying one.
So if anyone does they will be supporting this idea and promoting the concept of the next lame project. So it will be fans who are to blame at the end of the day if this is successful.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:28 pm

Steve_M wrote:Personally I think releasing the duck was a foul idea.

Boo! Hiss!

You do perform behind protection, don't you?

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:37 pm

Yes Rob, I use protection, I wrapped my keyboard in a condom. :wink:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: