Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

June 9th 1975 -------Excellent Show!

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:11 am

I just gave this show another listen...actually I am not sure I have ever listened to the show all the way through, but I cracked it open tonight and realized it was an awsome show.

Also Elvis also looked real nice for 75 (no bloating in the face, you could see his cheek bones which is what I use as a barometer...lol)

What do you guys think about this show? This show is titled Cut Em Down To Size for those that are like me and can't remember the dates.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:26 am

Yes, a good show as was most of them during the June '75 tour. The only thing I did not like about this CD was the way that Jambalaya from another show was just carelessly thrown into it.

I have all shows from the June tour (mostly soundboards) and other than the Mobile show from the evening of June 2nd and the June 10th Memphis show, this is my personal favorite.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:38 am

I don't think I have heard the June 10th Memphis show. What is the name of that cd Rob?

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:43 am

It's called Let Me Take You Home. Good show other than the fact that Elvis rips his pants. The sound is superb and his version of How Great Thou Art is fantastic.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:49 am

Ahh yes, I have this one. One of my favorite shows! This was one of my first import purchases, very much worth it.

See I remember the titles just no the dates...lol

Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:58 am

Elvis tour in June 75 is fine....Cut´em Down To Size was my third bootleg! So I have a special appreciation for it. A great concert but as Rob said Jambalaya was totally thrown in the concert....Anyone can see it is added from other source.
But a pretty good CD..Highly recommended!

Re: June 9th 1975 -------Excellent Show!

Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:38 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote:I just gave this show another listen...actually I am not sure I have ever listened to the show all the way through, but I cracked it open tonight and realized it was an awsome show.

Also Elvis also looked real nice for 75 (no bloating in the face, you could see his cheek bones which is what I use as a barometer...lol)

What do you guys think about this show? This show is titled Cut Em Down To Size for those that are like me and can't remember the dates.

CUT'EM DOWN TO SIZE was actually the very first boot cd I ever bought! :lol:

I don't have it anymore in my collection, though. Don't recall why I gave it away, but...

One thing that strikes me here: That cover shown in this post is NOT the cover of the cd that I had some years ago!
Were there different covers made, or is this a "home made" cover..?

Br
Kristian

CUT 'EM DOWN TO SIZE

Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:12 pm

June 9, 1975 was a great show (my second last one on the tour, with a new song!). All of the shows on this short tour were very good or great. The longer introductions were just beginning (and sitting in the audience, I never minded because it often meant an extra 5 or 10 minutes of Elvis being on stage), and in 1975 the post-introduction set list was much, much longer than it would be just a year later and all of 1977.

I certainly hope we get to hear the Huntsville shows soon -- they were excellent and quite varied because, except for Vegas and Tahoe, Elvis never played 5 shows in a row in the same city in the 70s.

I certainly wish I had had all these soundboards when I wrote ON TOUR WITH ELVIS. Would have made it so much easier -- and fun!

Re: June 9th 1975 -------Excellent Show!

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:42 pm

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:
Blue-Gypsy wrote:I just gave this show another listen...actually I am not sure I have ever listened to the show all the way through, but I cracked it open tonight and realized it was an awsome show.

CUT'EM DOWN TO SIZE was actually the very first boot cd I ever bought! :lol:

I don't have it anymore in my collection, though. Don't recall why I gave it away, but...

One thing that strikes me here: That cover shown in this post is NOT the cover of the cd that I had some years ago!
Were there different covers made, or is this a "home made" cover..?

Br
Kristian

Yes there were 2 different covers for this release. My other favorites from June 75 along with the Memphis show are the Dallas Seventyfive Uncencored and Capitol Performance (on (deleted - see guidelines #9)).

BTW... I love posts like this, it always gets me to get out whatever CD someone is talking about, and revisit again!

JEFF d
Elvis fan