Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:43 pm

The real thing won´t sell...?? So, you prefer that they start tempering with the recordings then just to satisfy the ungreatful bastards? If they don´t appreciate the real thing, screw ´em! I can´t see any reason why BMG should waste any good material on idiots!

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:46 pm

What are you talking about? One person mentioned remixes, that's it.

Everyone else is tired of these absurd repackagings.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:50 pm

Well, I wasn´t attacking him, I was expressing my anger towards those who don´t appreciate the real thing. Thats all! :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:58 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Steve, this is a family-oriented messageboard, save when I'm not thinking or posting about Alizee. :wink:

I only asked if you had a pic - I wasn't suggesting you posted it if you did have one.

I might though. :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:50 pm

Oh, believe me, Steve: an image of someone being crapped on did cross my mind to post...!

Uh, that's alright, Jeff D. - we don't need to see it. :lol:

Fri Aug 05, 2005 7:04 pm

Hello,

I think it is pretty much agreed upon that the tracklisting for the third disc is pretty lame. I think that the fact that it only contains 19 songs as opposed to 31 and 30 for the first two CDS is pretty weak as well. And besides that, where the F**K is "Blue Christmas." Your telling me that this is not one of Elvis' greatest hits. I realize the idea of the third disc was to present the remaining 19 Billboard Top Twenty singles not found on the first two discs but again the disc should have also been rounded out with other classic songs. Why not present all three discs in DVD-Audio. Why not include a bonus DVD. On it you could include the music videos for ALLC and Rubberneckin'. They could even go DualDisc. Why not try to come up with a new remix/or even a duet with daughter Lisa Marie. Pull out that Don't Cry Daddy duet (You know David Foster is going to need the producing royalties from it to pay off his soon to be divorce settlement.) Or even come up with a new duet. Irregardless this package as it stands now is just an effort to resell 30 #1 Hits and to a less extent 2nd To None. I would add about at least ten to twelve more tracks to the third disc.

Mystery Train
My Baby Left Me
Blue Christmas
Santa Claus Is Back In Town
Anything That's Part Of You
Guitar Man
Polk Salad Annie
I've Lost You
I Really Don't Want To Know
I've Got A Thing About You Baby
T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Hurt

As for the DVD, why not give us the Elvis Lives TV special that has been mentioned before.
Daryl
Last edited by Daryl on Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:19 pm

I looked at the EPE announcement again. To me, it reads like all three disc are remastered using the DSD technique. Why does anyone conclude otherwise?

This would be a great opportunity for BMG to correct some of the problems with 30 # 1 Hits such as the "pop" on "Hound Dog" and the failure to use the masters on "A Fool Such As I" and "The Wonder of You." We'll see.

Mystery Train

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:27 pm

Mystery Train -

Well, they might correct the infamous 'pop', but I reckon the tracks used will be 'as is'.

Fri Aug 05, 2005 10:35 pm

"'Hitstory' is digitally remastered using DSD Technology for optimum sound quality. "

I guess it is all three discs. Will it make a difference? I wonder. Brad?

The whole thing just is more of the same. I'll buy this used if that.

Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:29 am

The way I read it, I reached the conclusion that the original 2 discs were already DSD, and the 3rd will also be DSD. The 1st 2 are just being re-packaged as is.

In other words, they've come up with a lame 3rd disc, but just to test how stupid they think we are, they'll make us buy the first 2 CD's again, along with the 3rd, and charge us a fortune.

Can you imagine the discussion?

"Right guys, we have the 3rd hits CD ready."

Looks a bit weak, and not many songs on it. Do you think it will sell for £10?

"Nope. It'll sell for £30."

"How?"

"We'll give them the same CD's they bought last time in a nice box"

"oh, that's ok then. I was worried for a minute."

"Don't you worry. Next, we'll sell them Elvis By The Presleys, By the Presleys."

"Huh"

"well, it's the same thing, with an extra paragraph and poloroid by Donald Presley, 14th cousin twice removed. We'll chuck in Elvis and Me, for £49.99. It'll fly out"

Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:52 pm

Considering the fact that E1 is still on the charts and apparantly selling fairly well--see the chart updates for Friday 8/5 on ElvisNews.com--what in the world is the point of re-releasing it in another form?

If they are holding their breath waiting for me to buy this one, they are going to turn quite blue.

Terry

Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:15 pm

Looks like a complete restoration and remastering of the whole catalogue is not going to happen then as long as they continue to release and waste (?) money on these "clever" colletions of the same songs over and over and over and...well...

I was kind of hoping we´d get a Memphis ´69 set with soundquality like In The Ghetto and Suspicious Minds on 30 #1 Hits. How can that ever happen when they don´t find a place for Elvis Is Back in the mainstream catalogue anymore? Also, when you hear the punch on Burning Love on this cd, oh well... :roll:

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Aug 08, 2005 4:43 am

MB280E wrote:The real thing won´t sell...?? So, you prefer that they start tempering with the recordings then just to satisfy the ungreatful bastards? If they don´t appreciate the real thing, screw ´em! I can´t see any reason why BMG should waste any good material on idiots!

Sincerely MB280E

Well they don't want to waste this material on the non-idiots either. I have a better idea for there next box set. Make it a 4 CD set of Elvis 30 #1's, 2nd to none, The new bonus disc, and Love Elvis. By the way isn't it almost time for a new Elvis love song collection? It's been six months, what's the hold up, It should include "Old Shep", "Dominic," "Barefoot ballad", "El toro" and the very touching "Old MacDonald." Also I'm disappointed that a New country disc hasn't been brought out yet either, I need another cd with the same songs, but in a different order and cover and "New and improved sound."

One more thought, why not re-issue Elvis sings for Children and grown ups too! with bonus tracks such as "Hey, hey, hey" "Wings of an angel". and "Hurt (take 69)" - Hey I just thought of something, I could work for BMG, these seem to be such great ideas.

oh well! :oops: