Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis curses on Spring Tours?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:04 pm

I was listening to Heartbreak Hotel from the Spring Tours cd yesterday. Very good later version of the song, IMO. I could swear I heard Elvis utter "f**k off" as he gets a little silly toward the end. At first, I thought it was just a jumble of nonsense words as he would sometimes do, but after playing it back several times, I'm pretty certain it's there.

Anyone else ever notice this?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:03 pm

bad language is nothing new on FTD releases.......check out jungle room and nashville marathon just to mention 2 releases.
:lol:

Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:20 pm

I don´t remember but I will check at home.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:12 pm

Just a jumble of noises. No f**k off that I can hear.

Re: Elvis curses on Spring Tours?

Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:48 am

EagleUSA wrote:......but after playing it back several times....

Wow, you really need to get out more.

Chris

Re: Elvis curses on Spring Tours?

Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:02 am

ChrisM wrote:
EagleUSA wrote:......but after playing it back several times....

Wow, you really need to get out more.

Chris

He said it not me. :lol:

Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:23 am

He says f**k....I couldn´t listen to word "off"....

Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:49 am

speaking of elvis' vulgarities...(so funny to listen to the first time--he had a dirty mind sometimes...and i kinda find it cute... :? )

anyway...i heard a few snippets of the jungle room sessions. god, that stuff is funny.

i swear like a sailor anyway, so i didn't mind it--whereas i'm sure a lot of people with a sanitized image of elvis would go into petrified shock, but it's very humanizing i think in trying to figure out elvis' true personality. he was very human just like the rest of us. it made me like him even more.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:22 pm

ChrisM...I happened to be in my car when I was enjoying the disc...so... Thanks for your concern, but I get out far more often than even I care to.

I wasn't suggesting that the cursing was bad. I find it interesting, as do most of the fans, but it's not something I had noticed previously when listening to that particular song. I was just curious to see if anyone else had picked up on it.

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:41 pm

Dear Georgie... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:51 pm

Yeah...Dear Georgie...now THAT'S a classic!!! Wonder why Elvis had samurais on the mind that day?

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:54 pm

EagleUSA wrote:ChrisM...I happened to be in my car when I was enjoying the disc...so... Thanks for your concern, but I get out far more often than even I care to.

Relax, dude. It was a joke.

Chris

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:52 pm

I'm relaxed... trust me. You'll know when I'm not. :wink:

Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:26 am

the last alt. take of any day now is pretty funny.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:31 pm

The Moody Blue version on Jungle Room Sessions, the "Italian" 2nd verse, is absolutely hilarious to me! :lol: The improvised phrase that contains nothing but profanity is actually very well timed.

It has to be the most profane Elvis-stuff ever released officially.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:47 pm

I have just listened to the song... and he really says F*** off in the song but it´s too fast... It´s in the end of the song after the James solo.

Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:26 pm

I really don't hear him say it at all. I know the part people are referring to, but he's just scat singing. You'll hear f*ck if you really want to hear it, but you'll probably make out other words that aren't there if you want to hear them too. It's not unlike what he does in Little Darlin, eg wella wella chicka wella mucka etc. He doesn't say f*ck in Heartbreak Hotel any more than he does in Little Darlin.