Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

For those that haven't seen the NEW TTWII Trailer

Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:14 pm

made a few years ago to promote TTWII SPECIAL EDITION.......

Here's the Link http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/video/thats ... wmp30.html

Not surprising this Trailer blows the Oiginal Trailer away......amazing with this type of Trailer the movie never hit the regular Movie screens....again old news,....however still a memory of what could have been for this movie.......

It just that burns me up .....when you look at a trailer like this that is done so well to promote the movie........MGM ends up with such poor results for sales

EOT SPECIAL EDITION when released just has to be done better promoting wise...........

Nevertheless for those that haven't seen the trailer enjoy, and for those that have seen it watch it again , an again, an again............

PEP 8)

TTWII

Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:43 pm

Great trailer!

If they had included all the bonustracks that was originally scheduled for the DVD release, this would've been THE definitive Elvis live show experience!

Too bad they didn't, leaving out several songs from the original TTWII movie from 1970.

That was a major disappointment...

Hopefully, one day we WILL get a follow up! There sure is enough fantastic material to choose from!

Br
Kristian

Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:44 pm

Yes PEP, it certainly is a better trailer, why was the sales still POOR ? you say, well this is my slant on it ;-

1. The REAL buyer of of this type of product was only ever going to be the fan, not the guy/girl off the street.

2. Because of no. 1 above, the value of this release was always going to be based on 'have the made an improvement over the dated 1970 version ?'. Well yes they did make A improvement, they removed the outdated/over used fans comments......BUT they removed the fans favorites of I've Lost You, Bridge Over Troubled Water (Live), Sweet Caroline & I Just Can't Help Believing.

3. As we are in the 21st century, we became a victim of the 21st century......advertising of this product. This product was advertised with MANY new tracks, but when released a full hour of these extras were missing, so much so that the initial DVD release even had these tracks listed !

So the upshot of this was that yes it was a great release, but too much of what made it good in the 1970 version was removed & in the end the extras were reduced by 1 hour, all this to a target audience made up of mainly just fans....not a good move.

If you think I'm being critical, realise this, I bought the DVD, who would not have preferred this release to have either included that 1 hour extras or even a DVD release containing ALL the 1970 release tracks & ALL the Lost Performances (August 1970 performances) combined on one release minus all the fans comments.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:01 pm

But then again, we have something nice to look forward to.
What a pity if all good audio tapes and footage was released!?

An important part of being a fan is awaiting some goodies from the vaults.
I expect to live for another 35 years or so. So please, BMG and Warner, save something for the 2035 anniversary ;)

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:11 pm

Excellent Trailer, PEP!!!

Is there any doubt that Elvis is the coolest guy that ever lived!!!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:09 pm

CHEERS PEP, FIRST TIME I,VE SEEN THAT ONE

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:16 am

elvis-fan wrote:Excellent Trailer, PEP!!!

Is there any doubt that Elvis is the coolest guy that ever lived!!!

Your great avatar (picture under your name) proves that there's no doubt that Elvis was the coolest guy that ever lived :)