More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TV Star dishes on Elvis!

Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:18 pm

Image Dec. 1970

hmmm....

(good pic of him tho)

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:40 pm

DORIS DAY is an income tax cheat???

I don't believe it ... what next, Rock Hudson gay?

Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:44 pm

yeh, and rumors that Gov. Reagan might run for President!
:)

I love these old mags - especially with a cool Elvis pic cover.

indeed, these rags - even as inaccurate as they were - were part and parcel to the total package of Elvis' fame and celebrity.

Fame, in my definition, is being known beyond your control.

And a publication like that is such an example.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:10 am

Those old mags are great...the only difference being that, back then, Elvis WAS hit with a paternity suit.

Nowadays, when you see Elvis on the front page of some rag, it's usually with the title, "Aliens resurrect Elvis for bizarre breeding experiments."

Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:20 am

EagleUSA wrote:Those old mags are great...the only difference being that, back then, Elvis WAS hit with a paternity suit.

Nowadays, when you see Elvis on the front page of some rag, it's usually with the title, "Aliens resurrect Elvis for bizarre breeding experiments."

Or Unknown planet where Elvis hides discovered when he lit fireworks on his birthday :wink:

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm

hey speaking of mags, theres an article in New Idea in Australia that Elvis's ghost has been haunting Graceland. sometimes the lights flick on and off, and there can be piano playing heard, but when security guards get there, no one is there. hmm i for one believe in ghost, anybody watched the movie GHOST? i believe that kinda stuff

Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:15 pm

EagleUSA wrote:"Aliens resurrect Elvis for bizarre breeding experiments."

What ? That's crazy. How can anyone report that the experiments being carried out on Elvis are bizarre? I thought they were fairly run of the mill experiments.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:16 pm

Steve -

Eagle wrote:
"Aliens resurrect Elvis for bizarre breeding experiments."

You wrote:
How can anyone report that the experiments being carried out on Elvis are bizarre?

You misread Eagle's post !

They are experimenting with breeding bizarre's.

A small fluffy marsupial.

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 pm

ColinB wrote:A small fluffy marsupial.

you mean, another Sam! :lol:

Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:44 pm

Steve -

You wrote:
...you mean, another Sam!

I hope not.

There is one too many of them around as it is !

Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:47 pm

I recall a joke doing the late night rounds- a wind up Elvis doll that wrung its hands and says " I cannot be the father - I was on stage all night" : was the woman who brought that paternity case named " Parker " ?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:56 pm

Image Dec. 1970

more reporting of the paternity suit!

Visit GG's Newstand for more 1950s-70s Magazines About Elvis
at:
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... 232#184232

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:32 pm

As Pris expects another baby? C'mon, can't they get their facts straight? Everyone knows Elvis didn't nail Cilla after Lisa was born...sheesh.

Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:46 pm

We know it now, at the time I should think we still believed they were still going at it like knives! (A phrase I picked up at work, if anyone can translate, I'd be grateful)

Mind you we know a whole lot more besides, some of which, I kinda think should have remained private.

Geoff

Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:07 pm

hot damn. lol. funny funny.

yeah, i heard about that paternity case...he made some amusing comments about it on stage. :lol:

anybody know the quotes off-hand?

(in that woman's dreams! in my dreams. :? )