Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Looking for Always On My Mind (Orchestral Version)

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:58 am

:?: Can anybody hook me up with a high quality mp3 of this version, or even a CD?

Thanks...

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:48 pm

It's available on the cd The All Time Greatest Hits.

Welcome to the board by the way!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:11 pm

It's also available on "Always On My Mind" BMG 1985

Thanks BOB!
Last edited by elvis-fan on Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aomm

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:23 pm

..and the ESSENTIAL ELVIS UK BEST OF collection.

Regards

Dan

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:24 pm

('Always On My Mind' was released in 1985)

I always liked this '97 UK CD Single release very much (containing of course the orchestral version):

I LOVE 'EM ALL!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:56 pm

Always On Mind should have been a much bigger hit than it was!
Even making the top 20 twice in the UK!
Still my favourite version is the single, with that haunting guitar lick coming over in one channel! I love that one!
Is that you James?

Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:01 am

Wasn't the orchestral overdub version held back in 1972 and came out much later (1985)?

I remember first hearing it at a British Fan Club convention, in London (for Elvis's 50th birthday celebration) before the release date.

Todd Slaughter told us the song was originally intended to be released in 1972 with overdubs but didn't make it.

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:06 pm

Getlo wrote:Wasn't the orchestral overdub version held back in 1972 and came out much later (1985)?

I remember first hearing it at a British Fan Club convention, in London (for Elvis's 50th birthday celebration) before the release date.

Todd Slaughter told us the song was originally intended to be released in 1972 with overdubs but didn't make it.

That sounds feasible. There’ also a version of “Separate Ways” with added strings that was released from acetate on the boot CD “For The Good Times”, so maybe both of these were originally considered for the single release. The 1985 album “Always On My Mind” (pictured above) also includes a version of “Separate Ways” with the overdubbed strings.

An overdubbed version of “Always On My Mind” was also included on the “This Is Elvis” soundtrack album, but this version was the March 30, 1972 recording for ”Elvis On Tour” rather than the master from March 29.

Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:48 am

:D I knew you would come through...thanks for the good info!!!

Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:55 am

I prefer the version on the- Great Performances cd..it's really sounds like he's singing from the heart on that version...

If you ask me (which you no doubt wont-lol) the orchestral version is too over-produced !!!

the squirrel

Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:05 am

the squirrel wrote:I prefer the version on the- Great Performances cd..it's really sounds like he's singing from the heart on that version...

I wholeheartedly agree with that one, Squirrel! From the opening "Maybe I", it is obvious that he is really into that performance. It is by far my favorite.

Brazilian SIngle

Mon Jun 16, 2003 7:19 pm

They Also used this very nice version on a brazilian single lauched in 1997, with only 4 songs.