How Great Thou Art - June 19th 1977.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

It's not the mix, but the edit I'm referring to. RCA would have had to have spliced the song at exaclty the same point and if they did why didn't they repair the jump at the beginning of See See Rider where CBS got it slightly wrong.
It's because it contains the same errors that I'm sure they just used the tapes holding the footage.

Was the LP in stereo or mono ?

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Steve, really well-done!

I could almost be persuaded that this needs a limited-edition, FTD style release for the fans!

Colin's way too harsh: that's a great version.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

You don't ? I mean have a jump, i mean have a jump on your CD :lol:

I think it was Stephen Butler who said his CD did have the jump. you gotta really listen for it, even the CBS guys didn't notice it when they did it.

I'll try and get that clip for you, just 10 seconds or so and see if you realise the moment. Maybe "jump" is not a good word for me to have used. "Join" is probably more apt.

Logically, the original LP was supposed to be the marketing vehicle from which people could play the broadcast again - so it would go that it would be a lift straight from the CBS video tape - as video releases were not an affordable option ( not that that's made any difference since to this being released :!: :lol: )

JYM

Post by JYM »

In the video it is evident but in my CD, there is NO sign of it. I listened to it with my headphones 10 times.

One thing is for sure is that the music is the same than the video and if there is an edit from 2 concerts then RCA used the CBS tracks OR the images fit perfectly with the music...

My CD is from 1992.

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Well maybe they changed the track on the CD. Thanks for the info. I don't have the CD, I still have the LP though!

I do have one of those tables that rotates in a clockwise direction still, but I'm not so sure i can recall how to work it now :lol:

JYM

Post by JYM »

:lol:

InMemphis

Post by InMemphis »

that girl they show in the audience looked a little concerned, didn't she? Since this never made the air, I wonder if she has any clue that she was taped? She'd have to be well into her forties (being nice) by now..

thenexte

Post by thenexte »

Supposedly Joan Deary said that in a fanclub interview a few years back. Felton Jarvis for some reason had not recorded the backing orchestra or backing vocals which caused a mad scramble at RCA.

Jorgensen's "A Life in Music" seems to confirm that, looking at the overdubbing section of the EIC material. Oddly enough, this is his last official recording and one of the worst recorded Elvis concerts ever!

Topic author
Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

InMemphis wrote:that girl they show in the audience looked a little concerned, didn't she? Since this never made the air, I wonder if she has any clue that she was taped? She'd have to be well into her forties (being nice) by now..
IM, the shot of the girl did make the broadcast.

As a guide (roughly) what you see on the right hand side of the screen is broadcast and the left side was not.