Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Presley - An Important Event.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:42 pm

An Irish, Elvis Presley fan club is in the news because of it's Charity event -the first ever, "Elvis Presley Charity Golf Classic" in the world. The fundraising target 100,000 Euros (Dollars approx) George Twamley is president of the club. See his webpage for details.

The Lord Mayor of Dublin is launching the event at the Mansion House in Dublin next Tuesday-that's why he can't be at our event in the Central Library:-(

http://www.disney.20fr.com/

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:52 pm

Sorry Maurice, but you need to check your facts. There was an Elvis golf tourney in Memphis a few years back that benefited St. Jude. I've got a polo shirt from it.

Tom

More info:

In August of 2000, the one and only Elvis Presley Memorial Golf Tournament was held with permission of Graceland and Elvis Presley Enterprises. Participants paid $250 each to participate and were given commerative items, including a set of 3 special golf balls and a unique pewter divot repair, with Elvis on one side and the TCB logo on the other.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:03 pm

Just goes to show you cannot believe all you read in the newspapers-even the Irish ones;-)

I posted the news in good faith. Naive or what?

Still the amount of Elvis fans working for Charities is amazing. Maureen and I collect for a charity so far we have raised a little more than 30,000 Euros, over four years.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:14 pm

WOW, was that a hint of humility?? I'm sure that the "hundreds of thousands" that read your words will be shocked to see that. Not to worry, I'm quite certain it will pass.

Tom

Fri Jun 13, 2003 2:13 am

Maury -

Any chance you can turn down the self-promotion meter this year?

We know you love statues. We're aware you're from Ireland. Some may even have your Web address bookmarked.

Thanks!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:57 am

disney wrote:Maureen and I collect for a charity so far we have raised a little more than 30,000 Euros, over four years.

I wonder which is more important, .......... the act of giving ........ OR ....... the act of giving AND receiving credit for it. Both are not, nor should not, be of equal importance. Only one is important in my eyes (I believe Elvis was also of the same opinion). Pointing to one's own actions defeats the noble purpose; it is only when others point it out (without prodding or nudging) that it is truly meaningful in the eyes of others.

JMO, FWIW.

N8
... just a fan ....

Maurice?? or Doris??

Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:55 am

You're a nag Maurice....

You go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on......

See what i mean!! it gets boring....

the squirrel

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:01 am

Sorry Doc, my self promotion is working very well for Elvis Presley. He will be in the "Fingal Independent", "The Irish Times", "The Northside People", and more newspapers this week because I contact newspapers whenever I have a new story for them about Elvis-believe it or not, they are not really interested in little ol' me-sob.

TV and Radio stations here are eager to interview the Elvis statue sculptor when he arrives at our home next week.

Strange isn't it Doc Carp, that Memphis Television chose me to recite a tribute poem of mine about Elvis Presley on their coverage of the 25th Anniversary of Elvis' death. Broadcast on the 16th August 2003. And not a word from you:-) Would you like a copy of the video.

Another of my Elvis poems recently published in the "Taj Mahal Review" (India) can be read on the link. http://www.disney.20fr.com/

(Note for the intellectually challenged-the poem is about Elvis Presley, not spectacle)

Yes Tom, I am an Elvis Presley poet. My poems about Elvis have been published in the "Elvis International", "Southern Sentinel" of Mississippi, "Elvisland" of HonKong, recited on Radio and TV in the US and Europe and on the internet by Satellite from Ireland. They can also be found on webpages. If anyone would like to make an anthology of them.......

Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:29 pm

disney wrote:they are not really interested in little ol' me-sob.

We neither !