Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

I Was The One LP from the 80's

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:10 am

Was this ever issued on CD? Is this the LP that remixed-rerecrded backing tracks similar to Guitar Man?

Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks

Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:10 am

Jon -

This album has been discussed at length on here.

It has never been on CD officially, although some tracks were on the 1988 US CD: Elvis Country.

The songs don't sound as different as the Guitar Man/Too Much Monkey Business ones do.

In the UK, we got this album in mono, and it is hard to detect any differences at all !

Just the bass & percussion which have been 'beefed up' a little.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:26 am

It is/was for me a waste of time and coin to do this...sound was nothing to get up about...still don"t see why these tracks needed beefed up anyway.

Just a view.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:20 am

A good album I thought. The overdubs worked well, in my opinion.

It's hard to improve on early tracks that are so much a part of our history, but they did a good job.

Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:02 am

ColinB wrote:Jon -

This album has been discussed at length on here.

It has never been on CD officially, although some tracks were on the 1988 US CD: Elvis Country.

The songs don't sound as different as the Guitar Man/Too Much Monkey Business ones do.

In the UK, we got this album in mono, and it is hard to detect any differences at all !

Just the bass & percussion which have been 'beefed up' a little.

Actually four tracks were officially released on the rare Japanese 10 CD Set "The Complete Singles", which is also the only source of the stereo version of "The Elvis Medley".

Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:31 am

If I'm not mistaken, the whole concept behind that Lp was to ride the
Rockabilly bandwagon that was triggered then (1982-83) by the Stray Cats.

At the time, I was young, and I loved it!!!

I borrowed the Lp from the library for a week and weared it out be4 I returned it. I also recorded it onto my cheap $10 tape recorder fro Cheap John's!!! LOL

Anyway, it doen't appeal to me much now, as I really only prefer the original Masters cleaned up, especially the new "Remasters" done by the great Kevan Budd!!!