Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:56 am

Not yet... If it follows in the same power as Elvis did the concert one day before it is worth to buy it....

Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:40 am

I don't know about this CD-R release, but I do recall Unchained Elvis sporting three bonus tracks from the "second night," which were perhaps the best of that show.

DJC

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:08 am

After reading this thread I went back and looked up the review for Unchained and I was very impressed with your review DJC. Very fair.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:09 am

Jordans-Elvis-World wrote:
In my opinion, I enjoy "Second Night" over "Unchained". I don't know if it's the sound (which to my ears sounds quite a bit better than "Unchained") or if it's his performance - which is highly spirited and E's in an excellent mood.

Better sound makes people always thinking of a better concert.. that`s natural..
In fact..Elvis`1977 shows were all alike..besides a few in February.
He always followed the same pattern..
If he had slept enough..you are right..the shows were better..see June 19. and June 21...

Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:53 am

I don't know about this CD-R release, but I do recall Unchained Elvis sporting three bonus tracks from the "second night," which were perhaps the best of that show.

DJC

You're wrong on this one: it's not a CD-R release. It is a silver pressed CD. If I'm not wrong it was done by the same people that released "Trying To Get To Memphis" a few months ago.

@ Jordan:

I also think that the sound is a little better than on the "Unchained"-CD. And much more than this: it is a really good show - not only for 1977 - imo.

Joern

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:37 pm

Joern wrote:You're wrong on this one: it's not a CD-R release.

If so, then why hasn't FECC mentioned it?

DJC

Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:59 pm

If so, then why hasn't FECC mentioned it?

DJC

I don't know the reason why they didn't. The only thing I can tell you, that it is a silver pressed CD and not a CD-R.

Maybe it slipped through their fingers, because of the whole work with the MB in the last months - or they simply forgot it.

Joern

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:10 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:why hasn't FECC mentioned it?

Good question, but it is indeed silver pressed.

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:31 pm

Not a bad cd. But its still an audience recording, wich i think you cant enjoy for 100% compared to a soundboard. Though, this one is a must-have

Of course its b******t why this should be a cd-r cause FECC didnt mentioned it. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm

It wasn´t mentioned here on this site...definitaly not..!!

Yes....this one is from one of these "obscure" import labels which pop up every now and then.
This might be the reason for not mentioning it here....
It exists as CD-R for years now...

Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:52 pm

I think it was listed on ElvisNews.com, but not here.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:57 pm

JEFF d wrote:I think it was listed on ElvisNews.com, but not here.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Absolutely correct...and it still is..LOL..!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:54 pm

Here's the info from elvisnews.com and a brief review:

http://elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/news.aspx?command=show&id=6544

http://elvisnews.com/Presentation/Functional/Page/articles.aspx?command=show&id=908

Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:53 am

DJC called me at home and ask me to post the following (his computer crashed)

"You guys are absolutely right. I stand corrected"

If you believe that then I have a bridge for sale!

:lol:

Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:09 am

Hey Jordan, could you post this CD up on your site? I would like to hear it! Thank you.

JEFF d
Elvis fan