Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Paul Lichter's book, The Legend Lives On

Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:38 pm

Can anyone tell me the quality of this book? Is it any good? What are the variety of pictures in it - are they of the young Elvis, movies, or on stage? The book's cover has a great picture of Elvis on stage in his American Eagle suit. This happens to be my favorite suit and I was wondering if there are any other pictures of him in this suit in the book. Thanks for your help.

Darrell

Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:28 pm

Not really a great book, a lot of pictures, bad quality paper and I dont recall too many in colour. You can find this book in ebay for less than $5.

Not worth it.

Francesc

Thu Jun 12, 2003 7:55 pm

Francesc,
Don't forget the Paul still has 97 of the 100 copies that are personally signed by Elvis for sale as well. :wink:

Tom

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:51 pm

I would suggest that anyone purchasing items from Mr Lichter have a large amount of funds in either their savings account or 401K (or both) because after you finish paying him you might have to take on a second job. :(

PL

Fri Jun 13, 2003 9:47 am

What's the fuzz about this Paul Lichter character? I don't know anything about him, but I've read lots of negative remarks about him on this MB. Seems like he has upset a few people through the years....

Anyway, I'd like to ask if anyone has got his book "From The Big Apple to The City of Brotherly Love". I've seen a picture of it in The Man And His Music and it seems to be a beautiful book.

Is it worth buying?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Re: PL

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:37 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:What's the fuzz about this Paul Lichter character? I don't know anything about him, but I've read lots of negative remarks about him on this MB. Seems like he has upset a few people through the years....

Anyway, I'd like to ask if anyone has got his book "From The Big Apple to The City of Brotherly Love". I've seen a picture of it in The Man And His Music and it seems to be a beautiful book.

Is it worth buying?

Keith Richards, Jr.

keith,

This book is certainly worth buying. It contains mostly b/w pictures from the November '71 and April '72 tour and a nice colour section covering both the June 10th 1972 MSG shows. There's basicaly no text, exept for remarks made by Elvis on stage accompying the pictures.

if you can find a copy, buy it..you won't regret it.

Kind regards,
Stefan

Fri Jun 13, 2003 10:59 am

"The Legend Lives On" is an over-sized paperback book, with 90+% B&W photos of varying sizes (some of which are very small).

There is no shortage of "over-priced" Elvis books out there, but .......... I could think of many others that are a better value for your buck than Lichter's books are.

If you look up the word "Con-Man" in The Elvis-World dictionary, you'll find Lichter's picture. He's pulled the full spectrum of ripp-offs, from the smallest to the grandest.

N8
...just a fan....