Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Kaufman doing E

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:46 pm

I saw this on the a.e.king, and it's indeed funny.
Here is the link
http://www.themikedouglasshow.com/multimedia.htm

Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:50 pm

Thanks for sharing that Maurice. I've always enjoyed Andy's impersonation of Elvis and thought he was pretty good. He was a uniquely funny guy.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:08 pm

Who are the other guys in the background?

Apparently Andy's SNL performance in the blue jumpsuit in not featured on that site.

If you like him, I recommend watching the biopic "Man On The Moon" starring Jim Carrey. Andy starts out doing an Elvis impersonation in small clubs. It is interesting to note, that Jim Carrey too is an Elvis fan and that he gives a solid performance.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:22 pm

Here's the first and last page of a letter Andy Kaufman wrote to Elvis in 1969. The full letter can be read in "Lost in the Funhouse: The Life and Mind of Andy Kaufman".

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:17 am

Maurice -

Thanks for the link, but none of the videos would play for me.

Does it use a special player ?

Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:33 am

Funny how Robert Goulet was clappin during the performance. Priceless. :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:39 am

moodyblue1 wrote:Funny how Robert Goulet was clappin during the performance. Priceless. :lol: :lol:

I know Elvis hated Robert Goulet, but he actually looks pretty cool, in a sleazy lound lizard kind of way. I couldn't tell if he was diggin' Kaufmann's act, or dodging potential flying bullets :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:36 pm

On the MAN IN THE MOON DVD there is a easter egg of Kauffman at the piano singing CONFIDENCE. He is not dressed as Elvis he is just at the piano singing.