Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Kenny Chesney Joins Ranks Of Elvis, Elton

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:03 pm

From Wire reports:

NASHVILLE -- Kenny Chesney is on his "Somewhere In The Sun" tour, and he's racking up records matched by only two artists before him.

He's sold out three nights at Atlanta's Philips Arena.

In the history of Atlanta's major arenas, only Elvis Presley and Elton John have sold out three nights in a row. For the math-minded, that's close to 18,000 tickets per night.

Chesney said when they told him, it took him back a little bit. He said the first record he ever bought was Elvis' "Greatest Hits" and he feels he's in some pretty special company.

Chesney's current single is "Keg In The Closet."

Chesney’s had a busy summer. He also married Academy Award winner Renee Zellweger in May.

Tom

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:08 pm

Good to see you back on the board, I was wondering where you had been all week!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:22 pm

Jeff,
I'm glad to be back as well. I was in Myrtle Beach all weekend for golf and a casting call Saturday, where about 300 folks showed up trying to be extras in Surface. After that, I was on the lot in pre-production meetings until yesterday.

Tom

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:27 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Jeff,
I'm glad to be back as well. I was in Myrtle Beach all weekend for golf and a casting call Saturday, where about 300 folks showed up trying to be extras in Surface. After that, I was on the lot in pre-production meetings until yesterday.

Tom

Great! What is Surface going to be about, who is gonna be in that?

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:00 pm

JEFF d wrote:Great! What is Surface going to be about, who is gonna be in that?
JEFF d
Elvis fan

Surface is a show with a cool mixture of suspense, horror and sci-fi, written and directed by NC natives Jonas and Josh Pate. At present it is set to air Monday nights (starting in September) on NBC. While most of the cast is fairly unknown, Lake Bell should stand out:ImageImage

Tom

Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:27 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
JEFF d wrote:Great! What is Surface going to be about, who is gonna be in that?
JEFF d
Elvis fan

Surface is a show with a cool mixture of suspense, horror and sci-fi, written and directed by NC natives Jonas and Josh Pate. At present it is set to air Monday nights (starting in September) on NBC. While most of the cast is fairly unknown, Lake Bell should stand out:ImageImage

Tom

It sounds quite interesting(and some nice eye candy), be sure and tell us when it comes on.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:38 pm

For more info and the Official NBC Preview clip:

http://www.nbc.com/Fall/Shows.shtml

Tom

Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:41 pm

All of those look promicing. Is it just me or is NBC going with a very cenamatic approach with their shows? This could be one of those great TV seasons, always good when they try new things. Hopefully it could put a nail in reality TV.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 am

I know people in Nashville who recall that turtle-headed putz (Chesney)
being the most annoying a---hole heckler at songwriter showcases.
He would be at a table (waiting his turn) and laugh or cough or boo or order drinks real loud -
as other performers were singing.