Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis on tour footage-how many where filmed

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:10 am

Elvis on tour footage-how many where filmed.

I have heard that not many of Elvis's material from on tour are not complete.
what i mean is concert's like.

Elvis in his red burning love jumpsuite was not filmed completely,
so can someone here tell me what where filmed completely.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:18 am

In the latest tuzi book Sessions 3
you see the tracklisting what has been filmed.
I don believe they have filmed complete concert,
The camera's has a running time for 13 minutes

They have filmed Hampton Roads almost complete with the exception of Never Been To spain.
RCA has a multitrack recording from Hampton , you can find American Trilogy from that show on the "All Time Greates Hits"cd " so, so lets hope RCA has Never Been To Spain in there vaults and release it someday

greetings
NAT

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:03 am

As I understand it, all of the main concerts were filmed complete. This has been documented in the other On Tour thread currently running.

There is, however, a soundboard of Hampton roads that has Never Been To Spain omitted.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:20 am

Of course they filmes the complete concerts, they did not go to all that trouble just to record the odd song. The cameras were there rolling for the complete shows its just that they do not show us, just like the 1970 Vegas shows that were filmes for TTWIS and the CBS 77 shows. It was only this last year that we have seen a cincert in its entirety because of the new SE Aloha. Who knows? One day we may be lucky.

Jasper

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:54 am

jasper it is impossible for those cameras to roll for the whole show.

The size of the film wasn't enough to last for a whole show.

Same with TTWII, the argument that the camera crew didn't turn up to film the odd song doesn't mean that they therefore filmed the whole show because the cameras didn't hold film for long enough to do so.

Yes, I know that dual loaded cameras were abut in those days so they could flip over to the other roll as the first ran out and then reload that while the other one ran and then do vice versa, but I don't think that is the case with this occassion.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:15 pm

Steve,

Surely the argument is that every concert was captured in it's entirety by a number of cameras?

It's entirely possible that any one camera couldn't get the whole show, but as there must have been 3-4 cameras rolling at any one time, then if one camera runs out, while it's reloaded, the others continue. As long as they don't all run out at the same time, which you would think proper planning would have prevented, then the whole show would have been captured.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:19 pm

The On Tour Film is filmed by film camera
The aloha show and the CBS show is fillmed on Video
( Broadcast system) For video is it possible to film a complete show.
Film camera can film only for 13 or 15 minutes then they have to replace the film.
in the movie Thats The way It Is you can see the audience but the audience is not from the same date as the film clip you see ( you can see that in the research from elvisworldjapan)
i think they have not filmed complete show from On Tour and in the Tunzi book is stated that only Hampton Roads Is almost complete.

Nat

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:47 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Steve,

Surely the argument is that every concert was captured in it's entirety by a number of cameras?

It's entirely possible that any one camera couldn't get the whole show, but as there must have been 3-4 cameras rolling at any one time, then if one camera runs out, while it's reloaded, the others continue. As long as they don't all run out at the same time, which you would think proper planning would have prevented, then the whole show would have been captured.

You'd think so, but that's not how they did it. They went the other way wanting the same cameras to cpature the same song from as many angles as possible. not just with EOT but also TTWII.

Shame, but that's with hindsight.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:52 pm

Steve,

I always knew that was the case with TTWII, but less sure about EOT. There have been some fairly comprehensive lists on this site over the last year or so, and I always thought the concensus was that the 4 main shows were filmed complete.

Christian maybe can shed some light?

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:21 am

You know that all the cameras don't have to be running at the same time don't you? I doupt if they were all going at once, so it would be possible to capture a whole concert.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:30 am

Lonnie, this was mentioned four or five posts above.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:57 am

ok how much was recorded on soundboard and multitrack?
are there any unreleased april 1972 shows not even bootlegged?
did rca record all the rehearsals?