Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Today owners...

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:56 am

..the most crucial question for me is:

Has the original album tracks been improved sound wise? Plus, has the mastering flaws been corrected ie. sound artifact on Woman Without Love?

Oh,

and re TROUBLE, I noticed that on all releases since the original CD release it sounds like the tape slips on the first intro note. The version on the original CD doesn't have this problem. Does it on this new release?

Thanks!

Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:41 pm

:?:

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:47 pm

http://home.online.no/~ov-egela/todayftd.html

Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:25 pm

Thanks for that Ken, it answers the TROUBLE question but not my other question. Has the mastering improved and is the sound artifact on Woman Without Love still there or has it been fixed?

A lot of comments have been made on the outtakes and session mix versions but not on the main course - the original album itself.

By the way - I would be pretty confident to suggest that the original album tracks have been taken from the original album 2 track masters for this release as I believe this was used to produce the original CD. The 'skewed' intro seems to have occured from the 70s Masters box set onwards which to my knowledge would have come from the session master tape rather than the Today album master tape.

Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:59 am

woman without love sounds at last ok, without that "sound artifact" as you call it.

Obviously they have used the 2 track masters, as for my ears it sounds the same as my USA promo copy of the album.