Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

TICKLE ME EXTRA TRACKS

Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:19 am

hi, can anyone tell me why are the tracks something blue, make me know it, there's always me etc included on this soundtrack, as they were not in the film, unlesss they were intended to be used. thanks.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:01 am

charro46: According to what I read somewhere "Colonel" Parker suggested those songs for use in the film. At any rate I just think of them as bonus songs. Most of the '60s soundtracks had them.

Re: TICKLE ME EXTRA TRACKS

Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:10 am

charro46 wrote:hi, can anyone tell me why are the tracks something blue, make me know it, there's always me etc included on this soundtrack, as they were not in the film, unlesss they were intended to be used. thanks.

Wow, that's interesting!

I never had heard that those cuts were considered for the movie be4.

My only quibble about them appearing on this FTD is, I think Ernst and Roger should have tagged the extra tunes on the end of the disc under:

BONUS TRAX!!!

Thanks for the info...

Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:59 am

All the information WHY these tracks are on there is in the booklet!

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:17 pm

Luuk: Would it be possible for you to post that info here if it isn't to lengthy? Sure would appreciate it. Thank you.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:50 pm

Jerry -

This is from the Tickle Me booklet:

ImageImage

So it looks like it was between the colonel, Hill & Range & the film company as to which songs were considered & chosen.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:57 pm

If he went in to record new songs for the film....would there have been one hidden gem there?...as the film is poor,just as well they went for better songs than recording dross?.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:31 pm

iamhekev: I thought a little bit longer.. knowing these songs were being considered to the movie is there any possibility (even it is remote I guess) that clips were made for the film? Since it was not used it was archived????
Who knows?

Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:01 am

Colin B: Thanks for scanning that information!

You know folks are going to shell out for the TICKLE ME FTD after all is said and done!