Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong
Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:30 pm
Any of you out there got any idea how many cars Elvis actually owned/used between July 1954 and the end of 1955.
1. The first car was, of course, the 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air which belonged to Scotty´s wife Bobbie. Only pics that exist, to my knowledge, are from Sept 9, 1954.
2. Sometime late 1954 Elvis bought a 1951 Lincoln Cosmopolitan which had "Elvis Presley - SUN Records" painted on the side. It lasted for about three months. I seem to remember having seen pics of this car with the text on the side but can´t find them. Anybody out there??
3. Sometime during late February or early March 1955 Elvis bought his first Cadillac. It was pink with white roof and burned up on the road between Texarkana and Hope during the first week of June.
4. By June 1955 Elvis also owned a Ford Crown Victoria which he used for a few weeks after the Caddy had burned. Never saw a pic of Elvis with this car. Anybody??
5. During his short vacation in July 1955 Elvis bought his 2nd Cadillac. It was pink with black roof. The roof was later repainted to white and it´s THE pink/white Cadillac that´s shown at Graceland
6. 1954 Cadillac Convertible, probably bought fall of 1955 as it was used during September.
7. 1956 Plymouth Station Wagon. According to Insurance papers Elvis owned this car fall of 1955. Never saw pics of this either. Anybody??
Well that´s about it. During those 18 months Elvis used 1 car owned by Scotty´s wife and owned no less than 6 cars.
As you can see some of them are very rare on photographs and if anybody out there have pics of those rare cars I´d be very happy if you´d share them with me as I´m working on a website that will present info on all those cars as well as the ones owned during at least 1956.
Elvis owned at least 14 cars up till the end of 1956.
Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:35 pm
Brian, #7 - The station wagon.
I think Elvis bought this for someone else (possibly Sam Philips - even though 1956) the insurance was also in Elvis name as he tended to pay for both.
I recall something in the book, "Graceland - The Living Legacy" about this, possibly with a photo of the insurance papers, but I can't recall the vehicle involved.
Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:48 pm
yeah Steve, that´s where I have the info on this one from. The insurance papers from The Living Legacy. The papers are made out for a 1955 Cadillac 60 Fleetwood and a 1956 Plymouth Station Wagon. In the papers it says that Elvis and Scotty will be driving these cars to show, radio, TV engagements
The pics along with the papers are of Elvis´ famous pink/white-black Cadillac and has nothing to do with the insurance.
The text mentions Elvis buying a 1954 Cadillac Convertible for Sam Phillips and has nothing to do with the Insurance papers as well although the text poijts to the papers. Big mistake by the EPE.
It could be that the Plymouth provided tour-transportation for Scotty and Bill while Elvis used his 1954 Convertible.