Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

AFTER THE OCTOBER FTD RELEASE......

Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:21 pm

please release STAX SESSIONS....!!!!!!
I think it's the right time to do it as it will be the 30 anniversary...
thanks...!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:13 pm

I second this!! Another stax outtakes cd would be awesome, I only hope that this one would be more focused on the December sessions than "Rhythm and Country". Although i feel Elvis was best vocally in the 68-70 period, these December Stax sessions are my personal favorites.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:19 pm

I'm totally with you guys...stax recordings should be very nice

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:36 pm

I agree, I wonder If there is an alternate of "Raised On Rock", I'm not sure on that one.

P.S. Black Diamond, no offence but why have you got a picture of Kiss under your name, this is an ELVIS site, not a heavy metal site.

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:45 pm

That would be a cool release!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:49 pm

Yeah, please let's have the stax recordings!

and p.s. Joe: it's actually possible to be an Elvis fan and like another musician or band. Why not have an avatar other than our man...

Bye
Sonny

Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:24 pm

Nashville 71. Long overdue!

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:36 am

:D yeah Nashville 71' long overdue and we've had HEAPS of 60's outakes! :shock:

70s Gospels

Sat Jun 14, 2003 12:57 am

I would pay double the price when FTD releases a 70s gospel outtakes CD. Imagine a CD filled with studio outtakes, On Tour backstage gospels and a few live performances....

I love the gospel CD's, but I don't like the mixture of the 50s-60s gospels with the 70s. They have another beat, feeling and sound. So a release just focussing on Elvis' gospel music during the 70s would be bullseye for me :)

Sat Jun 14, 2003 1:21 am

Ernst,

Please, it's time for The Nashville 71 Sessions!!!!!!!

TCB

Randall :D

Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:40 am

Although there are a couple of "imports" (Stax Trax and Trax from Stax) I would really like FTD to release a comprehensive (maybe even a 2 CD set) of Elvis' Stax recordings. :P

Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:44 am

I would also prefer '71 studio out-takes.

We don't have many out-takes from 1971.

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Early Morning Rain
Love Me, Love the Life I lead
We Can Make the Morning

Just to name a few that I've never heard out-takes.

It's time!

RKS

Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:27 am

Well if they have any notion of releasing original 70s albums on FTD that they don't think will be re-released into the retail market,don't you think it would make more sense to put the out-takes with the original album for bonus tracks..
example...Raised On Rock++plus out takes
Good Times++plus out-takes
Elvis Now++plus out-takes

Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:33 am

SuspiciousMinds wrote:Well if they have any notion of releasing original 70s albums on FTD that they don't think will be re-released into the retail market,don't you think it would make more sense to put the out-takes with the original album for bonus tracks..

Yeah! Just release Raised On Rock, Promised Land, Today, etc. as FTD re-releases, with the same treatment as the soundtracks :)

Sat Jun 14, 2003 5:13 pm

SuspiciousMinds wrote:Well if they have any notion of releasing original 70s albums on FTD that they don't think will be re-released into the retail market,don't you think it would make more sense to put the out-takes with the original album for bonus tracks..

BMG’s plans for the deleted seventies masters will obviously determine whether we get re-issues of original deleted ‘70’s titles, or compilation discs from respective sessions.

I know I’m repeating what I said in the other thread about the deleted ‘70’s albums here, but it only makes sense for FTD to issue albums that are deleted from the catalogue, and contain masters that are unavailable elsewhere. The “Promised Land” CD is still part of the regular BMG catalogue, so an FTD re-issue isn’t really necessary.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:31 am

I would prefer that they don't stick any alternates on redone 70's albums. I much prefer whole c.d.s of "new" material, not 15-25 alts spread over several redone albums. My days of buying the same material 3-8 times are over.

Tue Jun 17, 2003 4:19 am

Although they are not my favorite as far as Elvis' studio recordings, I think the 1971 RCA Studio B sessions is the most logical "next step" for FTD.
BMG already covered the Stax outtakes with "Rhythm & Country" - only the December session has anything worth featuring "outtakes" of anyway.

Here's what they'd have to choose from (excluding the Gospel and Christmas tracks) - pretty "slim-pickin's" when you look at it:

The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Early Morning Rain
That's What You Get For Lovin' Me
Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
Help Me Make It Through the Night
Until It's Time for You to Go
Lady Madonna (jam only so this one doesn't really count)
Fools Rush In
It's Still Here
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen
I Will Be True
I'm Leavin'
We Can Make the Morning
I Shall Be Released
It's Only Love
Love Me, Love the Life I Lead
My Way

Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:00 am

I'll take it!