Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fort Baxter's Classic Series

Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:28 pm

Yes! I received my copy of "Kansas City Blues" today and I'm impressed beyond words - despite the fact that I haven't even heard it yet! The artwork is simply stunning.

Can't wait for the next release in Fort Baxter's Classic Series. I'd love to see "Goodbye Memphis" released this way. I know it's not part of the "A Profile" box-sets, but who cares? It's difficult to find now and the artwork on the original release is nowhere near the quality of "Kansas City Blues". This time they could include other bonus songs - i.e, songs from the same period. That would be a great release. (I haven't heard the original CD. In fact, "Kansas City Blues" is my first Baxter CD ever.)

I'd also like to see "Just Pretend" re-released.

What are your wishes?

Go Fort Baxter!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:11 am

Kansas City Blues is a great CD. I missed those long-box sets. I'm happy to have this Kansas cd now. I hope the remaining CDs will be re-released soon also. Long Live FORT BAXTER.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:20 pm

I too was impressed with the artwork. The sound is better than the first time around as well (although not a huge difference.)

Not a bad show either.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:29 pm

Are all the pics in the booklet of Elvis in his American Eagle jumpsuit? That is my favorite suit of his. I have the boxset already, but I'm thinking of getting this one also.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:38 pm

I gave this CD a spin during the weekend and it's a fun show for sure. Too bad he didn't sing more of "When My Blue Moon", though.

Jeff D: Yes, the booklet has lots of photos of him in the American Eagle Suit (all from the actual show, it seems.). There is also a short review of the concert. Very nice booklet. I guess Fort Baxter has studied the releases by Madison and Audionics...

Looking forward to their next release!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:26 am

I would also like to see some of the best Ft. Baxter titles reworked such as Elvis at Full Blast, If You Talk in Your Sleep, It's a Matter of Time, Spanish Eyes, Walk a Mile in My Shoes, and Just Pretend. These are all great titles which I am fortunate to have original editions of. I also have the new Kansas City Blues and it is a first class remake. The booklet, pictures, and inserts are wonderful. The sound is quite a bit improved, too. Bridge is just fantastic on this cd and the cuts from Milwaulkee are very interesting. Great job all around.

NEW SHOWS

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:21 pm

I'd much rather have "new" shows, though than the same ones repackaged in SLIGHTLY better sound quality!
TONY

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:26 pm

I agree Tony, but apparently the art-work is 10/10! :lol:

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:35 pm

I, too, hope that Fort Baxter will bring us more new shows in the future. But to me, and I guess many others, these re-issues are much appreciated. It's both difficult and expensive to track down old, classic bootlegs - and I have a list of 15-20 bootlegs I need, so I welcome all re-releases (but only if they have improved artwork and, if possible, sound).

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:57 pm

One more thing. This re-release business applies to books as well. Things like "Steamrolling Over Texas" and "Standing Room Only" are impossible to find now! So why didn't I buy them when they were released? Because I didn't care about Elvis back then. I was young and stupid! :D

What we need is a book that collects concert photos from 1969-1977, both well-known and previously unreleased ones. Kind of like a companion to Sten Erik Skar's wonderful "The Concert Years".

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:02 pm

I think Fort Baxter don´t release new shows because they ran out of material. Someone told me last year. Is that true????

Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:50 pm

I would hope if they are going to start doing these Fort Baxter "Classic" series..... that they would re-release "Opening Night 1969".

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:00 pm

renanagulled wrote:I think Fort Baxter don´t release new shows because they ran out of material. Someone told me last year. Is that true????

No, not really :lol:

It's a question of ......hmmmm.......motivation and conflicts of interest being avoided? That's not exaclty 100% true really, but the truth isn't necessarily something that should be said......hmmmmm....actually I'm wrong on this altogether.
Yes, it's because they ran out of material I'm sure that's right. :wink: