Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Set Lists for 1956 - 1957 Shows

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:28 pm

I have always been interested in the songs Elvis performed live from 68-77. Now then, I would like to know about the songs he performed live / in concert during the latter part of the 1950's (56-57).

Is there a webpage or a book that could provide this information?

:?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:45 pm

There is a book by Lee Cotten called "Did Elvis Sing In Your Hometown?" that has many setlists from Elvis' early shows. "Elvis: Day by Day" by Peter Guralnick and Ernst Jorgensen also has a lot of details about some of the shows from the Sun years as well. Both sources are useful, but also may contain some factual errors, but they are good places to start.

Also if you are interested in this era of Presley's career, you should get the Golden Celebration and Elvis Aron Presley box sets from RCA, that will immediately get you a boatload of live performances from the 50's. Also, there are literally hundreds of cheap imports availbale from most music retailers that have the 1956 Little Rock show on them, but of course I'd reccomend the Today Tomorrow and Forever box set for this material because it is more complete and it puts money back into BMG.

Hope this helps.

Greg

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:53 pm

Thanks for the info Greg. I do have the box-sets you mentioned and have always enjoyed them. I'll keep an eye out for the books you netioned as well.
Thanks again........

?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 8:53 pm

? ? ?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:08 pm

Geez Blue Gypsy, I'm going to need a written transcript of your comments based on the number of words you used in making your point! :D

?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:50 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:40 pm

I´ve always found it strange so few of the 50´s shows seems to have been recorded... Wouldn´t it be fantastic to hear a ´57 show in decent sound?
By then, he usually played up to 50 minutes (30 minutes longer than he did in ´56!), sometimes even playing piano on stage. And with all the Hayride broadcasts, how come we´ve only had recordings of a few?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:48 pm

Prince Dragna -

Talking of the Hayride shows, what happened about the woman who found the 78's which she claimed had been originally recorded at these ?

There was a flurry of articles about it last year, then it all went quiet !

Thu Jun 12, 2003 11:53 pm

Yeah... I'd heard she wanted a boatload of money for them.. don't know for sure, though.

I've said this before, but if anybody has any information on the whereabouts of the person with these acetates or anything else, get in touch with me ASAP. Thanks!

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:29 am

when it comes to rare recordings it seems collectors become greedy thats not a fan thats another col parker.
let us hear the rare recordings greedy people.
what about the supposedly found tapes talked about in an article in 1996
where are they?

Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:51 am

I pretty much agree, Catman. That's why some fellow collectors and I started the EAP Society, to try and get more things to all our fellow fans. Our goals are a bit lofty, but you don't know if you don't try. :)

Now, please bear in mind that there are many fantastic collectors who love to share.. but some feel that sharing would lessen what they've possibly spent so much on, and that's understandable.. but our group is hoping to get in touch with as many sources as possible, and do what we can to see that it gets to RCA or whoever (I only say "whoever" since video is not RCA's forte and several companies have various powers over different footages - we are not and will never be a bootleg company, want to make that clear) so that we can all enjoy it.

Also remember that not all of these rare recordings are owned by fans/collectors, they're owned by non-fans who think they've got a goldmine simply because it has to do with Elvis.