More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Emmy's for ELVIS

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:30 pm

The 2005 miniseries ELVIS was nominated for (at least) 4 Emmy's:

Lead Actor, Miniseries or Movie - Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie - Randy Quaid

Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie - Camryn Manheim

and for Miniseries.

Aside from Randy Quaid, I don't think any of the other nominees really deserved them......esp JRM and the series itself, just my opinion.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:43 am

I hope Quaid wins.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:57 am

I hope every one of the nominations goes down to ignominious defeat......lest anyone be made curious and feel the itch to see this steaming pile of excrement, and form their opinions about Elvis from what they see.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:32 am

Scatter,

Are you saying you didn't like the miniseries? :wink:

Actually, I agree with your assessment.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:45 am

How JRM could be nominated for this award...especially with the images he left in your head at the close, failing miserably at lip-syncing"If I Can Dream" (honestly, did they just do one take?)...is beyond me.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:50 am

RyanD wrote:How JRM could be nominated for this award...especially with the images he left in your head at the close, failing miserably at lip-syncing"If I Can Dream" (honestly, did they just do one take?)...is beyond me.

Maybe this says something about the high standarts in television productions today?

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:02 am

Marko wrote:
RyanD wrote:How JRM could be nominated for this award...especially with the images he left in your head at the close, failing miserably at lip-syncing"If I Can Dream" (honestly, did they just do one take?)...is beyond me.

Maybe this says something about the high standarts in television productions today?

Precisely. I know they spent a lot of time preparing for this movie in casting and getting the props/sets, but it appeared to me that the actual filming was a "rush job"...that last scene especially gave me that impression.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:10 am

On a side note, I don't want to sound like I completely hated this series. I thought the first half for the most part was pretty well done. It wasn't a stunning portrayal or riveting movie by any means, but I was at least satisifed after night one. Then came night two. The second part of the series was a gigantic clusterf*ck, coming to a head with "If I Can Dream."

Sat Jul 16, 2005 5:54 am

This is a piece of crap-sheet TV series. THE Worst I've ever seen. Someone sent me 2 DVDr recorded off-air from US television. Everything is wrong with this show. Jonathan Rhyls Meyer is to me THE WORST looking "Elvis" of all time. His forehead is too high, his hairstyle is nothing like Elvis. He's too short (slightly taller than Priscilla) and a skinny dwarf when standing next to Colonel Randy Tom Quaid. He can't lip-sync properly, and his "Elvis" movements, dancing are an embarrasment. The guitars are bigger than him. Elvis is potrayed as an arrogant and a mindless limp dick in this series. SHAME on you EPE. You should have released the CBS ELVIS IN CONCERT instead.

Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:07 pm

The fact that so many people watched this piece of crap, bothers the hell out of me.

If I was EPE, I would have never let that mini-series happen. There was just no point to it. If they are doing the "Anthology" project in 2007, that's what the public should see - not a mini-series with actors.

As for the Emmy's, I hope none of them win. Wouldn't want anymore attention drawn to it...

Rich

Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:36 pm

Like I said, I think Quiad did an outstanding job as Col. parker,
as an actor being nominated, I hope he wins his category.

But yes the movie SUCKED.

My in-laws watched part 1 but missed part 2,
they asked if I'd loan them the vcr tape of part 2.

I won't.

I don't want them to see that second-half crap of that priscilla soap opera drivel, and that excruciatingly bad dorky IICD ending.

Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:29 pm

update

NO WIN

As most of you might now, when the noms are presented the theme song / title tune comes on. It's Now Or Never - Elvis

Mini-Series

THE LOST PRINCE
Elvis
Empire Falls
The 4400

Actor, Mini-Series Or Movie

GEOFFREY RUSH, THE LIFE AND DEATH OF PETER SELLERS
Kenneth Branagh, Warm Springs
Ed Harris, Empire Falls
William H Macy, The Wool Cap
Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Elvis

Supporting Actress, Mini-Series Or Movie

JANE ALEXANDER, WARM SPRINGS
Kathy Bates, Warm Springs
Camryn Manheim, Elvis
Charlize Theron, The Life And Death Of Peter Sellers
Joanne Woodward, Empire Falls

Supporting Actor, Mini-Series Or Movie

PAUL NEWMAN, EMPIRE FALLS
Brian Dennehy, Our Fathers
Randy Quaid, Elvis
Christopher Plummer, Our Fathers
Philip Seymour Hoffman, Empire Falls

Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:13 pm

CD King wrote:This is a piece of crap-sheet TV series. THE Worst I've ever seen. Someone sent me 2 DVDr recorded off-air from US television. Everything is wrong with this show. Jonathan Rhyls Meyer is to me THE WORST looking "Elvis" of all time. His forehead is too high, his hairstyle is nothing like Elvis. He's too short (slightly taller than Priscilla) and a skinny dwarf when standing next to Colonel Randy Tom Quaid. He can't lip-sync properly, and his "Elvis" movements, dancing are an embarrasment. The guitars are bigger than him. Elvis is potrayed as an arrogant and a mindless limp dick in this series. SHAME on you EPE. You should have released the CBS ELVIS IN CONCERT instead.

Yea.... what he said!! lol :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:01 pm

I didnĀ“t watch the miniserie but after I saw If I Can Dream clip I wanted to laugh for not to cry :shock:
No way for awards!!!

Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:55 pm

It didn't win a single Emmy...

About the If I Can Dream part--that is my mom's favorite part of the '68 special...well, she loves the black leather stand up shows, too. But when she saw that part she was speechless because he messed it up so bad--Elvis sang it with feeling. JRM sang it like he had a flesh eating disease on his face.

- Stacy

mini series

Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:17 pm

Scatter wrote:this steaming pile of excrement

You do have a choice turn of phrase there Scatter!