Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:11 pm

bpd wrote:
goldrecords2002@yahoo.com wrote:Elvis now was'nt a bad album but they sould have drop Elvis version of
'Hey Jude" on this album.

You know...Elvis could cover almost everything and do it better that the original...except for Hey Jude and Get Back. They should have burned these tapes.

He's a little soft on Yesterday and Something too but they are passable.

He just didn't have it when it came to Beatle covers...but who does????

bpd

Burned the tapes...?? Are you out of your mind...??!?? And how would you have reacted had they been burned and the chance of hearing these performances were lost forever?? Man, think before you write! :shock:

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:10 pm

Elvis versions of Yesterday and Something has always been better than the Beatles did but that´s just my opinion.
Get Back is not too bad and in Hey Jude Elvis made miracles! Just have to think it was something totally unrehearsed!
So imagine if Elvis had rehearsed it??
But surely it´s far from being good to release....

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:38 pm

Marko wrote:And to answer your question: Joe Cocker outdid the Beatles with his version of With A Little Help From My Friends.

Yup - that gets my vote as the best ever Beatles cover version. Also heard Stevie Wonder's version of We Can Work It Out at the weekend - that's got a lot of spirit.

Jules

Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:40 pm

renanagulled wrote:Elvis versions of Yesterday and Something has always been better than the Beatles did but that´s just my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Elvis's version of Something. Whoever is doing the high voice on that recording just ruins it for me.

But also, listen to the original on Abbey Road - just can't beat that version in my opinion.

Jules

Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:07 pm

Marko wrote:Too bad though he never properly recorded Lady Madonna. The short jam that he does sounds pretty good.

This is one of my favourite "Elvis, what if?"s.

It's an excellent song, there was nearly an arrangement in there, the band obviously knew it, if only Elvis had bothered to get the lyrics, it would have been a classic.

Geoff

Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:50 am

[quote="Marko] And to answer your question: Joe Cocker outdid the Beatles with his version of With A Little Help From My Friends.[/quote]

You are right there!

Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:07 am

MB280E wrote: Burned the tapes...?? Are you out of your mind...??!?? And how would you have reacted had they been burned and the chance of hearing these performances were lost forever?? Man, think before you write! :shock: Sincerely MB280E

OK. I had a few beers before I wrote the above the comment about burning the tapes. You are right. I'm glad he recorded the songs and I'm glad that I have them. I got carried away and now stand corrected.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
bpd

Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:13 am

minkahed wrote: Hey now, you better watch what ya say around here sayin' that stuff...

you may soon be crucified! :shock:

To quote an dear old friend of mine:

I wasn't saying that we are bigger or better than JC as a person or G as a thing...

I said what I said and was wrong or taken wrong...

And now there is all this...

:roll: :roll: :roll:
bpd