Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

ELVIS NOW upgrade

Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:31 pm

hi everyone
as we all know BMG already made some upgrades deleting some albums like LOVE LETTERS FROM ELVIS, GOOD TIMES, FROM ELVIS PRESLEY BLVD etc...
I think there must be a '71 album containing all the pop and folk songs. The others already are on the cd's HE TOUCHED ME, PEACE IN THE VALLEY AND AMAZING GRACE BOX SETS AND THE XMAS ALBUMS.
But there is no single cd for the following songs originaly released on two albums like FOOL AND ELVIS NOW.
Obviously this will make the album FOOL be delete as happened with others, making an interesting upgrade on ELVIS NOW and bringing back MASTERS like help me make it through the nigh, fools rush in, Padre and early morning rain.
TRACKLISTING:

First time I ever saw your face
Early morning rain
That's what you get for lovin' me
Padre
Don't think twice it's all right (long version)
Help me make it thruough the night
Until it's time for you to go
It's still here
I'll take you home again Kathleen
I will be true
I'm leaving
We can make the morning
It's only love
Love me love the life I lead
My way

I also think that an upgrade of IN PERSON must be made releasing a complete 1969 vegas show...maybe from midnight as we already have a dinner show on the vegas box set

Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:48 pm

I think I'm right in thinking that Elvis (Fool) will be getting the FTD double CD treatment, whereas I haven't seen mention of Elvis Now! thus far.

Jules

Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:07 pm

i'm talking about releasing a single cd with the masters only and oficialy.
we all know that fool and elvis now won't be released by FTD like they did with elvis today.

elvis now upgrade

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:17 pm

O dear lord ! No Padre outtakes ?!

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:33 pm

Yes! Padre !

elvis now upgrade

Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:46 pm

Padre ? Were talking Classics here !

Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:49 pm

We're talking something!

Geoff

Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:15 pm

The first time I heard Padre, which was when I got the Fool cd sometime in the late 90's, I kinda liked it. No great shakes but it was ok. Then, as time wore on, with subsequent listenings I came to really dislike it. The overly dramatic vocal ("please tell me how such THINGS can be"). The hokey lyrics ("Our cottage was small, but richer than all the palaces of the king, all day the birds would sing, our hearts were filled with spring."). Yuuuuuuk! It's hokem like this that put off the general public and made the critics write him off as a Vegas schlockmeister out of touch with contemporary music!

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:01 am

do we really need an upgrade on every 70's album? And a collection of leftovers at that. I don't think this is any kind of priority at this time. There is so much other stuff I would rather have.

Re: elvis now upgrade

Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:45 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:O dear lord ! No Padre outtakes ?!

Hopefully not! :P :roll:

elvis now upgrade

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:19 am

Gee-whiz , I do not stand alone this time....

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:21 am

But I do stand alone Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:29 am

I like the idea of getting a 1971 secular CD (as a double CD on FTD with outtakes and all the masters undubbed - just like Elvis Today). Both Elvis Now and the Fool Album are not very strong - and both contain tracks from everywhere.
Doing an album with just the 1971 masters would make a better and stronger CD (although I can diffently live without Padre).

Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:56 am

Pete Dube wrote:The first time I heard Padre, which was when I got the Fool cd sometime in the late 90's, I kinda liked it. No great shakes but it was ok. Then, as time wore on, with subsequent listenings I came to really dislike it. The overly dramatic vocal ("please tell me how such THINGS can be"). The hokey lyrics ("Our cottage was small, but richer than all the palaces of the king, all day the birds would sing, our hearts were filled with spring."). Yuuuuuuk! It's hokem like this that put off the general public and made the critics write him off as a Vegas schlockmeister out of touch with contemporary music!

Hey Pete, couldn't agree more... :lol:

those lyrics are horrid, but thank god I don't think many got as chance to hear this lame track, as that Lp, Elvis FOOL sold like 10 copies back in '73! :oops:

Elvis was so much more than this often mediocre slop that most if his 70's Lp's were graced with...

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:22 pm

ale wrote:we all know that fool and elvis now won't be released by FTD like they did with elvis today.

I wouldn't be so sure. I read that Fool will get the FTD treatment.

I agree with most of you though - a straight Elvis '71 release would be far preferable.

Jules

Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:02 pm

I always thought the front cover was amazing. I think at that time in the UK, I hadn't seen "Aloha", and that cover promised so much. I was happy that there was a new album, and like my Dad at that time, completly uncritical.

Geoff

Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:35 am

ELVIS NOW is a nice album but put together like the 60s ELVIS FOR EVERYONR album. I'd like to see RAISED ON ROCK on FTD soon. In 7" Format. That would be super!!!

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:24 am

CD King wrote:ELVIS NOW is a nice album but put together like the 60s ELVIS FOR EVERYONR album. I'd like to see RAISED ON ROCK on FTD soon. In 7" Format. That would be super!!!

Haven't you heard?

Raised On Rock is coming in October on FTD!!!

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:36 am

And probably with Clambake.....

Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:48 am

Elvis now was'nt a bad album but they sould have drop Elvis version of
'Hey Jude" on this album.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:02 am

goldrecords2002@yahoo.com wrote:Elvis now was'nt a bad album but they sould have drop Elvis version of

You know...Elvis could cover almost everything and do it better that the original...except for Hey Jude and Get Back. They should have burned these tapes.

He's a little soft on Yesterday and Something too but they are passable.

He just didn't have it when it came to Beatle covers...but who does????

bpd

Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:43 am

bpd wrote:
goldrecords2002@yahoo.com wrote:Elvis now was'nt a bad album but they sould have drop Elvis version of

You know...Elvis could cover almost everything and do it better that the original...except for Hey Jude and Get Back. They should have burned these tapes.

bpd

Hey now, you better watch what ya say around here sayin' that stuff...

you may soon be crucified! :shock:

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:27 am

Nothing wrong with his beatle covers...cough.

Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:51 am

bpd wrote:

bpd

In my opinion, Elvis' version of 'Yesterday' was far superior to The Beatles version. Classsier voice and more mature singing.

Brian :D

Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:20 am

bpd wrote:

bpd

Elvis never did finish recording Hey Jude. The performance isn't final and wasn't supposed to be released. It's a crappy performance.

Yesterday and Something are great IMO. Get Back fits nicely with Little Sister. No complaints there. Too bad though he never proberly recorded Lady Madonna. The short jam that he does sounds pretty good.

And to answer your question: Joe Cocker outdid the Beatles with his version of With A Little Help From My Friends.