Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis' former cook passes away.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:25 pm

My condolenses to the Nicholson family. I know this might be off-topic but for the idiots who for some reason believe EP to be a racist, read the last paragraph. I think it pretty much sums up his compassion and love for people, no matter what color of skin.

Woman Who Made Elvis' Favorite Dishes Dies
July 13, 2005 7:00 AM EDT
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - W. Pauline Nicholson, Elvis Presley's cook, who prepared the King's favorite peanut butter and fried banana sandwiches, died July 7 of cancer. She was 76.

In addition to cooking, Nicholson also worked as his housekeeper and sometimes looked after a young Lisa Marie Presley.

She continued cooking for the Presley family after Elvis died, including last Christmas, when Lisa Marie and her mother, Priscilla, came to Memphis and requested Nicholson cook for them.

Nicholson was featured in the movie "This is Elvis," and loved to talk about her time with the King of Rock and Roll, whom she called Mr. P.

Nicholson was introduced to Elvis in the mid-1960s by a neighbor, Cleo Smith, who knew she was a good cook, said her son, Ossie Nicholson Jr.

Elvis would sometimes talk with Nicholson in the kitchen at Graceland and when he learned in 1974 her husband, Ossie Sr., was laid off, he hired him as a guard.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:22 pm

May her soul rest in peace....

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:06 pm

This is awful news. Miss Pauline was one of the nicest ladies I have ever met. I never saw her without a smile on her face. My sincere condolences go out to her family and friends.

Tom

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:37 pm

I ache for the loss of someone I never met.
Miss Pauline represented the very best of what America has to offer.
I would like to offer my deepest and heartfelt sympathy to her family and friends.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:43 pm

Condolences to her family.

Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:28 pm

Terrible news. May she rest in peace and be happy in the hereafter.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:05 am

That's a shame.

The day will soon come where we have absolutely no Elvis contemporaries left to talk to .... a sad thought, indeed.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:17 am

Memories of a happier time....

Picture the scene:

Elvis learns that Ossie and Pauline had twin daughters (amongst many others) and asks Ossie if he can see them.
The Nicholsons bring the babies to meet Elvis and Priscilla.
Elvis holds one child while Priscilla holds the other...now what a picture that would have made ?

One big happy family and as for Elvis being a racist.... NEVER !

May God bless The Nicholson's at this time.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:38 am

Rest in peace, Pauline. I hope you delight in being with Elvis in our Lord's kingdom.

Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:31 am

Wasn't she in the Elvis By The Presley's DVD? I'm glad we got a chance to see her one last time. May she rest in peace.

Who knows? She may be cooking for her boss again at this very minute.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:34 am

<b>"Visitation for Pauline will be from 4pm-7pm, Saurday, July 16 at Mt.
Pigsah Missionary Baptist Church, 3636 Weaver, and the funeral services will be held at 3pm Sunday, July 17 at the church. If you'd like to send a condolense card to the family, you may send it to:

Graceland/EPE Corporate Offices
ATTN: Family of Pauline Nicholson
3734 Elvis Presley Boulevard
Memphis, TN 38116
USA

EPE will forward all cards to the family".
</b>

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:42 am

How very sad.........my heartfelt condolences to her family :(

Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:40 pm

Rob, I think it´s the same person we see in the DVD Elvis By The Presleys and that´s very sad... She seemed to be Elvis friend and of the family.....

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:02 pm

I was so sorry to hear this, Rest in Peace.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:14 pm

Yes, she was in "EBTP" if memory serves. (I also always remember that sloped-shouldered, gym suit -clad "Elvis" in 1981's "This Is Elvis" walking up the stairs (back turned) saying "I'll be fine, Pauline."

Rest in Peace.

(By the way, notice how the obit writers (here's the UPI below) couldn't help run with that Peanut-Butter and Fried Banana sandwich angle again? When and how exactly did that become such common knowledge? :oops: Was it "Elvis: What Happened"?

Longtime Presley cook dead at 76
Jul. 13, 2005 at 3:48PM, U.P.I.

The woman who cooked Elvis Presley's famous peanut butter and fried banana sandwiches has died of cancer in Memphis. She was 76.

W. Pauline Nicholson was the longtime cook, housekeeper and nanny for the Presley family. She died Thursday at Baptist Hospital East, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Wednesday.

"Elvis was like a son to her, to hear her talk about it," Nicholson's daughter, Roslyn Guest, told the newspaper.

Nicholson -- who called Presley "Mr. P.," appeared in the movie "This is Elvis" and loved talking with fans during the annual Elvis Week in Memphis, her daughter said.

She was introduced to Elvis in the mid-1960s by a neighbor, Cleo Smith, and continued as the family's cook even after Presley died. She cooked for Lisa Marie and Priscilla in Memphis last Christmas, the newspaper said.

Funeral services were scheduled for Sunday.

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:46 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Yes, she was in "EBTP" if memory serves. (I also always remember that sloped-shouldered, gym suit -clad "Elvis" in 1981's "This Is Elvis" walking up the stairs (back turned) saying "I'll be fine, Pauline."

I thought he said, "that'll be fine Pauline", in response to her "can I fix you some sandwiches, Mr. P?"

Tom

Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:59 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Yes, she was in "EBTP" if memory serves. (I also always remember that sloped-shouldered, gym suit -clad "Elvis" in 1981's "This Is Elvis" walking up the stairs (back turned) saying "I'll be fine, Pauline."

Rest in Peace.

(By the way, notice how the obit writers (here's the UPI below) couldn't help run with that Peanut-Butter and Fried Banana sandwich angle again? When and how exactly did that become such common knowledge? :oops: Was it "Elvis: What Happened"?

Longtime Presley cook dead at 76
Jul. 13, 2005 at 3:48PM, U.P.I.

The woman who cooked Elvis Presley's famous peanut butter and fried banana sandwiches has died of cancer in Memphis. She was 76.

W. Pauline Nicholson was the longtime cook, housekeeper and nanny for the Presley family. She died Thursday at Baptist Hospital East, the Memphis Commercial Appeal reported Wednesday.

"Elvis was like a son to her, to hear her talk about it," Nicholson's daughter, Roslyn Guest, told the newspaper.

Nicholson -- who called Presley "Mr. P.," appeared in the movie "This is Elvis" and loved talking with fans during the annual Elvis Week in Memphis, her daughter said.

She was introduced to Elvis in the mid-1960s by a neighbor, Cleo Smith, and continued as the family's cook even after Presley died. She cooked for Lisa Marie and Priscilla in Memphis last Christmas, the newspaper said.

Funeral services were scheduled for Sunday.

If I remember correctly she was also on the "E!" special "The Last Days Of Elvis" where she was talking about making these sandwiches for Elvis. She said Elvis did not eat them everyday, and were only eaten as a special treat or a snack. Lisa Marie has said she doesn't even remember him eating them at all! The media just uses it to make fun of Elvis' weight.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:13 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:

I thought he said, "that'll be fine Pauline", in response to her "can I fix you some sandwiches, Mr. P?"

Tom

Actually, I think that's right, Tom. It's been awhile. And Jeff is right: she was on the "Last Days' show on "E!"- the same one Lisa hated. Funny but I guess she didn't hold it against her (EBTP)...

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:32 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:I thought he said, "that'll be fine Pauline", in response to her "can I fix you some sandwiches, Mr. P?"Tom

Actually, I think that's right, Tom. It's been awhile. And Jeff is right: she was on the "Last Days' show on "E!"- the same one Lisa hated. Funny but I guess she didn't hold it against her (EBTP)...

The only way I know that is that a friend of mine and I used to have so much fun quoting the lameass way that line was delivered.

Tom

Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:45 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:By the way, notice how the obit writers couldn't help run with that Peanut-Butter and Fried Banana sandwich angle again?

That was my first thought when I read the obituary.

It is pathetic. Anyone with a brain should realize that she as a cook didn't just prepare sandwich after sandwich. It is actually a disgrace, that some media use the death of a honorable American as an excuse to mock Elvis again.

Another story they run over and over again is "Flight To Denver Just To Eat Sandwiches - what a show-off" ....

Well isn't that a contradiction in itself?
Here he has his own cook at Graceland, who prepares his favorite sandwiches, yet he flies to Denver. And anyway didn't they fly there just to fly, show the plane to some new people, and not just to eat?

Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:08 am

And I thought that Elvis loved Jelly Dougnuts. There was once a tribute? song "He Ate Too Many Jelly Doughbnuts". Anyone remember that crapsong?
Seriously, my deepest Condolences and Sympathy to Pauline's family.

Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:37 am

Yes, this is very sad news. Never heard that much about her but she appeared to be very genuine not like that other cook Mary Jenkins. She passed away too not too long ago too, didn't she?

Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:44 pm

Melanie wrote:
Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:By the way, notice how the obit writers couldn't help run with that Peanut-Butter and Fried Banana sandwich angle again?

That was my first thought when I read the obituary.

It is pathetic. Anyone with a brain should realize that she as a cook didn't just prepare sandwich after sandwich. It is actually a disgrace, that some media use the death of a honorable American as an excuse to mock Elvis again.

Another story they run over and over again is "Flight To Denver Just To Eat Sandwiches - what a show-off" ....

Well isn't that a contradiction in itself?
Here he has his own cook at Graceland, who prepares his favorite sandwiches, yet he flies to Denver. And anyway didn't they fly there just to fly, show the plane to some new people, and not just to eat?

I think the fact that he could take off and go anywhere he wanted, whenever he wanted, was cool for whatever reason he went. To me, that represents a lot of what EP was about in the seventies.