Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Free "Elvis Today" FTD - Who wants it?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:47 am

I am reading that some of you want this CD but cannot get it because of financial reasons or whatever. Being the nice guy I am, I have bought an extra copy for someone on this board. The first one to fill in the blanks to this Elvis song will win the CD when it arrives.

This is a line in a song that was recorded by Elvis sometime during his career. It is not the title of a song, just a line in a song. Name the line and the song that it comes from to win the Elvis Today FTD. Good luck.

* **** ***** ** **** ** *** ***

Image

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:34 am

Rob, can u at least give us the decade of the recording?

I jus don't have enuff time to look thru every Elvis tune right now...

got to get to work in 5 hourz!!! :x

Puh-Leeze...? :wink:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:38 am

Man Rob makes this tough, ive been racking my brain going thru all the lyrics on the websites, and still cant find one that fits. its making me crazy! :lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:44 am

If no one has guessed it within 24 hours, I will give you one of three clues. Nighty night. (yawn)

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:48 am

"A tree grows as tall as the sky"

'Wild in the Country'

Delboy

Official member of the more FTD's for Ger Rijff society.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:50 am

Delboy -
That was fast! Good job!

PM me the mailing address that you want the CD sent to. Again, congratulations.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:44 pm

Delboy wrote:"A tree grows as tall as the sky"

'Wild in the Country'

Delboy

Official member of the more FTD's for Ger Rijff society.


Ah c'mon, nobody's that good. Great job Delboy and thanks again Rob for the opportunity to win a great CD.

Re: Free "Elvis Today" FTD - Who wants it?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:35 pm

"Rob" wrote:
I am reading that some of you want this CD but cannot get it because of financial reasons or whatever. Being the nice guy I am, I have bought an extra copy for someone on this board. The first one to fill in the blanks to this Elvis song will win the CD when it arrives.

This is a line in a song that was recorded by Elvis sometime during his career. It is not the title of a song, just a line in a song. Name the line and the song that it comes from to win the Elvis Today FTD. Good luck.


Very Elvis-like of you, Rob.

But what was the question? :?: :?: :roll: And how did Del-Boy read your mind?
:lol:

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:50 pm

Well done, Delboy!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:07 pm

Greg -

You wrote:
But what was the question?
And how did Del-Boy read your mind?


I thought that for a minute, there..........

Rob has shown the missing words as a line of asterisks, with an asterisk for each letter.

How Delboy fathomed it so quickly has not yet been established !

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:00 pm

I'm impressed !

Especially since the original lyrics go "A tree grows tall as the sky" :

* **** ***** **** ** *** ***

I would never have guessed an alternate version.
JM

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:22 am

Congratulations Delboy !
You must be using the same method that I used ?........ :wink:
If I had only seen this thread earlier...... :?
But then again..... my method almost feels like cheating...
:oops:

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:38 am

Tha was exactly what I was going to post :lol: :lol:
Congratulations for Delboy!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:38 am

Jean-Marc wrote:I'm impressed !

Especially since the original lyrics go "A tree grows tall as the sky" :

* **** ***** **** ** *** ***

I would never have guessed an alternate version.
JM


Hey, ROB never specified it would be an ALTERNATE? LOL

then again, he didn't say it wouldn't be...that sux! :cry:

Great job delboy! you got way too much time on yo hands buddy! :lol:

congrats on your prize!

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:08 am

These prize giveaways of mine are obviously too easy.

Well, we can make things much more difficult next time, trust me. :twisted:

Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:04 am

I know the CD was already given but Elvis DOESN´T sing:
a tree grows AS tall as the sky
and SINGS
"a tree grows tall as the sky" with no two "AS"

Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:22 am

renanagulled wrote:I know the CD was already given but Elvis DOESN´T sing:
a tree grows AS tall as the sky
and SINGS
"a tree grows tall as the sky" with no two "AS"


Had it been a problem, Delboy would not have guessed it as quickly as he did. Anyway, I used an alternate version (not really.)

It's a good thing I didn't go with Promised Land from the From Sunset Blvd To Paradise Road CD.

Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling and the mother fu**er's on the line.

Think anyone would have guessed that?

Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:01 am

Rob wrote:
renanagulled wrote:I know the CD was already given but Elvis DOESN´T sing:
a tree grows AS tall as the sky
and SINGS
"a tree grows tall as the sky" with no two "AS"


Had it been a problem, Delboy would not have guessed it as quickly as he did. Anyway, I used an alternate version (not really.)

It's a good thing I didn't go with Promised Land from the From Sunset Blvd To Paradise Road CD.

Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling and the mother fu**er's on the line.

Think anyone would have guessed that?



In all honesty, probably, cuz PROMISED LAND is one of my FAV all time Elvis rockers... :wink:

Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:06 pm

Tell the folks back home this is the promised land calling and the mother fu**er's on the line.

Maybe with a couple of clues somebody would find out....