Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Madison Cadilac, Union Ave, Memphis, August '75

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:41 am

'AWESOME' Candid Photo courtesy of .......

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:46 am

I have often wondered if these were taken, either before the Vegas 'short' stint, or after! God, he ploughed that weight on, after finishing that May/ June tour, in Memphis, on June the 10th, '75!

Re: Madison Cadilac, Union Ave, Memphis, August '75

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:48 am

thefunkyangel wrote:'AWESOME' Candid Photo courtesy of .......

even tho I love Elvis, and admire him for many reasons,
I must admit: he looks ridiculous here in this pic

:?

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:49 am

This MAY of been taken around the summer of '75!

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:56 am

This one, and the one above, I have come to the conclusion that they may of been taken earlier, as Elvis doesn't seem to have much 'bloatness' in the cheeks.

This photo, may just be taken prior to the July '75 tour!

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:54 am

Now here is a freaky photo link http://img197.exs.cx/img197/976/2440ef.jpg I found at http://www.elviscrawler.com

Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:06 am

Freaky? That's one of the coolest comeback pictures I've seen!

Nice one Steve_M 8)

i wasn't aware

Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:33 am

Elvis walking around town and driving while wearing jumpsuits? Surely you jest.

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:53 pm

Any idea what he was doing in that fantastic but quite unusual outside shot?
rick

Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:08 pm

rick wrote:Any idea what he was doing in that fantastic but quite unusual outside shot?
rick

Perhaps the Lisa Marie had run out of fuel and Elvis needed transport to get to the concert. :D

Surely Elvis never wore jumpsuits on a 'day off'?

Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:14 pm

Surely, this is Elvis arriving at a venue, perhaps Hunstville May 1975?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:55 am

yes i would have thought thst this was Elvis arriving at a venue either June or July 75.......

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:57 am

DarrylMac wrote:Surely, this is Elvis arriving at a venue, perhaps Hunstville May 1975?

Actually, the afternoon show is over on July 20, 1975 in Norfolk, VA and he is walking to the limo that will take him back to his hotel to rest up for his evening performance. Not a flattering picture by any means.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:23 am

Rob,

Yes, now I've looked again at the pic, you can see the choker round his neck, as worn in July.

The weight gain between May / June and the July tour msust have been more than 1 stone - wonder what went on during this time?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:27 pm

It was stated on eBay that it was taken at the rear of Madison Cadillac, down on Union Ave. It definately was not taken on the July '75 tour!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:42 pm

You would think that if the person is so certain that it was taken at Madison Cadillac on Union Avenue, than they would also have the date. What is the date of this picture then? I find it doubtfull that Elvis was just going around town in a jumpsuit, but hey you never know.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:41 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:It was stated on eBay that it was taken at the rear of Madison Cadillac, down on Union Ave. It definately was not taken on the July '75 tour!

I couldn't care less what it said on eBay. I know that you are smarter than that (aren't you?)

Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:46 pm

I don't know where this photo was taken, but I promise you, Elvis never appeared at Madison Cadillac in a jumpsuit. Think about it.

I know a guy whose father sold Elvis several Cadillacs at Madison. It never happened.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:01 pm

He was obviously leaving for or arriving to a concert hall. This photo was taken during the July '75 tour and wasn't out to buy a cadillac dressed like that.

FECC Team

Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:29 am

administrator wrote:This photo was taken during the July '75 tour

Hmm, imagine that.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:08 am

Was Linda Thompson arse (ass) on that July '75 tour? I think not! Isn't that Linda in the photograph, besides Elvis was not that fat on that tour! It has to be Memphis.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:23 am

You're right. It was Memphis. He was giving a concert in the used car lot that day hoping to boost sales. Unfortunately, the band didn't know about it and it turned into a karaoke event. They gave away hot dogs and popcorn to the first 20 people in attendance that day.

It's a shame that all of that food went to waste.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:03 pm

Funky Angel, you're wrong on all counts.

Firstly, Linda with Elvis in Chareston on the July tour:

Secondly, Elvis WAS much heavier on the July tour than ever before.

May June Tour

Finally, Elvis in July

In defence of Elvis though, the shows on the July tour were fantastic!

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:30 pm

To my eyes it looks very suspiciously like a picture taken after the Niagara Falls Afternoon show on 13th July 75 on the way to somewhere near an airport fence, NOT a Memphis car dealers dressed like that!!!!

Tue Jul 12, 2005 1:57 pm

DarylMac, I plum forgot Linda was with him in Charleston, West Virginia.
Well, one way or another, I hope we find the correct information in regards this photo. Cheers