Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What happened to the Elvis on Tour new DVD thread????

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:48 am

What happened to Tony's thread about about the 2 hour 'The making of Elvis On Tour' DVD that will be released through the British fan club? Was it a joke? Anyone who's a member of the British fan club apparently got a flier with the latest magazine advertising the DVD that willl be released later this year containing unreleased rehearsals, backstage and concert footage. It was here last night now it's gone. Anyone? :shock:

Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:57 am

restraint of trade is the term for willfully blocking advertising of a product, and/or access to a product

in the business world, that's illegal.

online, I guess not.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:07 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:advertising of a product, and/or access to a product

GG,

I thought that's what this site is all about. :wink:

With all the talk about will we?/won't we? get an EOT DVD, who's behind this and what it contains would be interesting. As you say.......I guess not! :D

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:12 am

I see the latest member of the MB is Roger Semon esq. Wecome to the board Roger! :D Perhaps you could shed some light on this? 8)

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:05 pm

some people don't get it, do they? To mention something is one thing and to say where is another.

FECC Team

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:18 pm

Thanks FECC!

Surely though the official fan club of GB is an EPE authorised outlet? Nothing wrong with that. It's like saying you can get the new FTD's on Amazon.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:20 pm

Yeah right...take another hour and think !

FECC Team

Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:38 pm

Delboy...ssssssssssssssht,or you will get a row and no "sweeties".

Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:37 am

Cheers Kev!

Does that mean I'm officially one of the "sweeties" club? :D 8)

Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:34 am

Sorry...you never sent me any proof that you like "sweeties".

Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:36 am

I would like to order this DVD.

I would also like to order Kev to bed for the rest of the night with no sweeties!!! :P

8)

Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:34 am

I got the flier yesterday with the new club mag, I must admit that I wondered about the leagality of it, the reason being in the past they have also given away or had for sale such items as the Original That's The Way It Is on DVD, which looked a lot like an import to me at least, & the Whole lotta Sakin' Goin' On which some of you will know from the Import cd, on tape, which came with the '70s boxset, this really did look like a boot , there was no label on the tape it's self & the insert looked like it had been printed on a photocopier, mind you it sounded good to me.

Mind you it will be good to get this stuff while we wait for the up-grade of On Tour, which seems to have going on for ever. 8)

Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:47 pm

FECC -

Here's a tip for fostering good customer relations:

If you have to delete a whole thread for whatever reason, leave the header intact and put a post in saying:

"The posts on this thread have been deleted because.............."

Then we wouldn't be left wondering.

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:15 pm

Buyer Beware !!!!! No word on packaging, song content, picture or sound quality, or even DVD
region!! And cleverly, no mention of the seller on the handout at all.
And all the money MUST be in a month before it's released. . 2,500 orders
(is that about average regular FTD sales?) will net a cool £50,000 for
someone. Only 250 orders will bring £5,000. I'm putting these figures out
because this is *may not* be a legitimate release, and whoever's making
these discs will have a big payday.
Very interesting isn't it? It's either the greatest release since the 'Lost
Performances' or it's a blag. Don't forget Todd promised people who bought
the Aloha & '68 DVD off him a rare 'original movie' TTWII DVD as a bonus,
and they got a DVDR!

Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:41 pm

but is there any truth in this release????????

YES!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:09 pm

I'm sure it wouldn't be on a flier sent out to over 20,000 members if it was a wind up! Anyway, this material is known to exist as several fans have seen some of it.

Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:20 am

This DVD, IF it comes, may well contain the material that is detailed in the text below, that was mentioned on several websites about two years ago:

Kenneth Dokkeberg from Norway reports: "Yesterday I was at a Elvismeeting in Oslo and they showed some unreleased stuff from 'On Tour' that was amazing! Elvis was singing 'Burning Love' in the Blue outfit that he's wearing when he sings 'I John' in the original movie. There was also a lot of backstage footage, and Elvis' meeting with a kid that had cancer. Unbelievable. I really hope this will be released in the near future!".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kenneth Dokkeberg more info:
I saw about 20 - 30 minutes of footage. They claimed to have 50 hours which I'm not sure about.
I saw the following:

-1 song from Hampton Roads (Teddy Bear )
-Elvis is rehearsing with his entire band in the same suit he uses during "I John", he sings "Burning Love" but his mike is
broken so it is a lot of distortion. Very cool version as he sings it a tiny bit different.
-Elvis backstage with the suit he does Burning Love in ( San Antoine..? ) where he throws a glas of water in Lamar's face
and the Mafia cracks up.
-Elvis in one of his dressing rooms in private clothes (August '72). He uses a shirt which can be seen inside the "Elvis
Now" album. He ties a tie that's HUGE and laughing a bit, then George Parkhill comes in and hands him 2 gold records (1
from Madison Square Garden! ) and Elvis says "This one was released fast right?" and he has trouble handling both of
them.
-Elvis meets a young boy with cancer inside his tourbus, wearing a white jumpsuit. He signs autographs (a photo of this
can be seen inside the Czech talking cd). Really cool stuff.

Then they decided to turn off the tape......