Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What are the imports all about?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:11 am

Please as I have said before I am new at this so please bare with me (literally) the ignorant questions I have to ask to get hip to the groove. What is so important about the imports. Please help teach a dumb a#* a new thing or two.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:28 am

Imports or bootlegs, depending on who you ask, are basically illegally released CD's or LP's that contain unreleased performances, songs, or outtakes. The musicians, record label (RCA), song writers and others that would normally get paid for an offical release, do not recieve any money. Some imports are great sound wise and could compete with official releases, others belong in a garbage bin. There are 1000's of bootlegs / imports out there. You just got to know someone, who knows someone, who knows someone, in order to get them.

-hope this helps,

George.

Bootlegs

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:38 am

In follow up...almost every one of Elvis' concerts from 69 till the day he died was recorded either through the soundboards or audience recording.
Most all of these tapes have been released as a bootleg. If you are wanting to start collecting them the easiest way is through trading cdrs of these releases. You will have to find someone who will get you started by sending you a few and then you just start trading. Go to this site http://elvisforever.cjb.net/ there you will see a lot of the bootlegs that are out there. Come back here, go to the trading post and ask someone if they will copy a few of the ones you want and go from there.
I was in the same boat about a year ago, someone helped get me started and now I have a nice collection.

Tony

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:09 pm

Same here!

I was surprised at how quickly my collection of boots (mostly cdr's) built up!