Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Among Friends

Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:14 am

Fellows, I just listened to this CD released by Whitehaven Records in 1996.
It´s a great CD though nowhere near as good as Jungle Room Sessions by FTD. The sonic fidelity is below par but sounds like it´s been mastered from the session-tapes and not laquers. Anyone know the story how this tape/s made its way into the bootworld? Surely there must be a better generation-copy then, imagine getting the first-class copy.
I read somewhere, a long time ago probably upon its release, that this CD had the songs distorted on purpose. Now who the **** would commit such a crime.
My point is, tapes are out there in splendid quality, and I think it´s time for a new Jungle Room-CD be on FTD or bootleg.

Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:09 am

The original source is believed to be David Briggs, who placed his personal cassette recorder on the Jungle Room piano.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:58 am

My point is, tapes are out there in splendid quality, and I think it´s time for a new Jungle Room-CD be on FTD or bootleg

It's a matter of time. I think in the near future we will get a deluxe gatefold 2 cd version of both From EP Boulevard and Moody Blue. So there will be original lp's added with the jungle room versions plus extra's (i hope). But the x-rated Hurt will not be on this project i guess.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:00 am

Hurt (X-Rated) version will never see the light of the day in an official release I think....
But I´d like to see it in a FTD label.

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:00 am

renanagulled wrote:Hurt (X-Rated) version will never see the light of the day in an official release I think....
But I´d like to see it in a FTD label.

As far as I know, Felton Jarvis' wife burned the X-rated
version of HURT in her backyard after Felton passed away in 1981.

A stupid move if u ask me, but I guess, maybe she was trying
to protect Elvis in some fashion jus in case anyone (the media)
would get a hold of it and make a big stink...

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:07 am

I'm not sure I have heard that version of Hurt. Is it on any other bootleg?

Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:52 am

TJ wrote:I'm not sure I have heard that version of Hurt. Is it on any other bootleg?

Yes it is...CUT ME AND I BLEED is the title...

Released in 1999 and Playing time is 74:29!!!

Hope this helps!

Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:02 am

minkahed wrote:
TJ wrote:I'm not sure I have heard that version of Hurt. Is it on any other bootleg?

Yes it is...CUT ME AND I BLEED is the title...

Released in 1999 and Playing time is 74:29!!!

Hope this helps!

Thanks Minkahed. I just took a listen on Jordan's site and remembered that I had done the same some time back. It's a really fabulous vocal. The odd thing is that he seems to be lost in the song and those words aren't just being said to amuse those around him, which is usually the case when he cuts loose.