Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Lady Who CAught Elvis' TCB Ring 1977

Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:43 am

Does anyone know where I can find, or can you paste that story about a lady who caught a ring Elvis flung off stage sometime in 1977 (it may have been the TCB ring)?
Thanks

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:08 am

That was an intersting story, indeed.

I would have kept the ring, unless Elvis himself requested it back. One thing is certain, I wouldn't have handed it over to any MMM no matter how much intimidation they threw my way. I think E would have just laughed it off and bid the ring "adios" rather than ask for it back. It wasn't E's style to do so. The MM going after ring was more likely something they did on their own initiative.

Then again, I was just little kid at the time, ............. I probably would have put it in my pocket and ran ...................... HAHAHAHAHA! :lol:

It's probably for the best, because the ring would have probably been sold and changed hands a zillion times by now while all of the greedy bastards who call themselves fans cashed in.

N8
...just a fan....

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:20 am

I believe the TCB ring is still in EPE's
possession and on display at Graceland.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:10 am

Evan i may have read this story on Paul's Elvis page a few years ago!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:59 am

Yeah it is under Bob Heis.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:14 pm

Can't (don't want to) believe that the MM would go after someone for a ring when Elvis had thrown it away!

Rotters!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:40 pm

N8,

there's a funny thing you'll like that your story made me think of...to quote from 1975, Elvis himself:

"Run.. just run like a sombi+ch, hun, RUN!" lol

Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:44 pm

If it had been me, Mike ...................... guaranteed, you wouldn't have seen me, ........ only smelled my burning rubber ...........

"It's yours ......... only if you can catch me!! hahahahahaha! BYE-BYE!!" (only scary thought is ............ it might have been Lamar after me - he might go into a roll chasing me ............. ). Something tells me that Elvis would have gotten quite a kick out of just such a spectacle.

N8
...just a fan....

Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:48 pm

ROTLMAO!!

That's great... :lol:

Yeah, Elvis would have gotten a big kick outta that.. before knocking Lamar up-side the head for trying to take the ring back from you. That there'd be something I'd get a kick out of watching.. :D