Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Candid photos

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:05 pm

Anyone know the date/ place of when this jpeg image was taken? It looks like the April '76 tour (weight/ hair style), but Elvis had the Lisa Marie (plane) by then!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 pm

Could be early 1975 - perhaps the first tour of the year?

Difficult to say by hairstyle, given it looks a bit windy, but there are pics from 1974 onwards with Elvis in that style of jacket.

Was there ever an instance from when Elvis had the Lisa Marie that he didn't / couldn't use it? Runway size etc?

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:37 pm

DarylMac, thanks for the reply. It is interesting you said the April/ May '75 tour! Red West had a beard on that tour, just like he did in the b/w shot!

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:49 pm

Was there ever an instance from when Elvis had the Lisa Marie that he didn't / couldn't use it? Runway size etc?

Yeah, there was one time in '76 (Charleston, West Virginia) where Elvis boarded an old prop engine plane, to fly on to Syracuse, New York!
(25th July '76)

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:49 pm

DarrylMac wrote:

Yes there was but I don't remember the date. Would have to check that out. There's a mention of a such occasion on Return To Splendour.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:53 pm

Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page

Now, back to the subject of the b/w shot! )

Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:44 pm

When did he first wear that leather coat with the little cape ?

I couldn't find any pictures dated earlier.
Is this the coat ?

Checking out a car wreck on March 26, 1976

Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page

Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:19 pm

Melanie, it sure looks like the same jacket! Considering it was only 12 months since the April/ May '75 tour, it just may be. Thanks for the upload!

Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:05 am

I'm not sure how to post them here, but in the Candid Central section of this site, if you look under 1975, there are colour pics of Elvis in this Jacket, dated Feb 1975, signing Autographs at the Memphian theatre.

Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:14 am

DarrylMac wrote:I'm not sure how to post them here, but in the Candid Central section of this site, if you look under 1975, there are colour pics of Elvis in this Jacket, dated Feb 1975, signing Autographs at the Memphian theatre.

Here is the link to those photos;

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... eatre.html

Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:52 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page

Now, back to the subject of the b/w shot! )

Thanks for posting these photos!!!

I have never seen them before, but I can't help but notice Elvis' ever expanding Pawnch at this point in time ('76?) ... :cry: