Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Why do some fans always complain?

Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:57 am

I've read some comments about the next FTD Dragonheart. Some fans are dissapointed with the new cover and some complain about the bonus songs on this release.

Keep in mind Elvis fans that YOU got a lot of new releases over the last few years with the FTD cd's and the latest boxsets. Some of you also complained about the Live In Vegas boxset (the On Stage cd is on it and the 1956 performances shouldn't be released on it) I mean don't ALWAYS complain after new releases.....

In a few months the new boxset Close Up is due to release...I wonder what kind of complaints some of you will have, can't wait to read them on this board.

If you should pity one group of fans then it should be the kiss fans. A few months ago Kiss Alive 4 was announced but it isn't still there. Our band is a total screw up now....Ace left the band, Peter Criss is back (unfortunately) and not to mention that we won't ever see Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer again!
All kidding aside, let's enjoy the music of Elvis that will come out in a couple of months with the next FTD's and future boxsets. And if you don't like Dragonheart because of its artwork or some bonus tracks, well maybe the FTD people will make it up to you in the near future. But hey, give them some credit and be honest, they don't ALWAYS release less good (looking) cd's. Just keep in mind that thanks to them we have the Jungle Room Sessions, 6363 Sunset, Burbank 68, Elvis at the International etc etc, OR DON'T YOU LIKE THOSE EITHER!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 1:08 am

I for one will not complain about the releases.. if i don't like it or don't want it i don't buy it,, but i'm very happy with what bmg or ftd gives us as far as releases,,,

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:27 am

way other people complaning because they allready have
some of the song's that ftd and bmg puts out,

if they stop buying boots cds they wont have to complaning
so much i am for one like what bmg and ftd is doing

because they have better sound then the boot cds has.

curtis simpkins

Thu Jun 12, 2003 2:03 pm

Have you finally started to buy the FTD cd's, Curtis?

Good idea!

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:38 pm

simpkins,
Not all imports have bad sound quality. Most rival the sound of official releases. Also, to even suggest that we stop buying boots in order to wait on Ernst to hand feed us what he feels should be released is ludicrous. I support BMG and FTD, but they will never release some of the things that we can get on imports for a myriad of reasons. Plus, with the imports, you generally get a much more complete recording, whether it be in the studio or on stage. As he has proven in the past, Ernst likes to edit and tinker with the takes to get to the release that he wants us to have. Hey, that's all well and good (and it's his job), but I'd much rather have this stuff in it's original state-warts and all. I, for one, am a very happy import buyer.

Tom

Thu Jun 12, 2003 4:58 pm

blackdiamond wrote:

Why do some fans always complain?

Why is the sky blue?

Come on, we're HUMAN that's why!!!
It's one of those "the glass is half full or half empty" situations.
It all depends on how people look at the situation.
I try to stay positive about most things but sure, I complain about stuff too.
It's HUMAN NATURE.

Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:05 pm

Blackdiamond; here is how I see it:

OK, maybe there are a few people on this board who are never satisfied. And if that´s the case - well, of course they have some sort of problem... But to complain when you are not happy with something, when you feel something should and could have been done better, that´s not wrong. Actually, that´s pretty healthy as I see it. BMG/FTD are generally doing a wonderful job these days - but that don´t make them perfect or above criticism!

I really feel that the cover of "Dragonheart" is horrible (and I love the artwork on most FTD´s, believe me!) and looks like it´s been designed by someone who has never been near Photoshop, Illustrator or Indesign in their life... That´s why I have been complaining about it a couple of times.

There is no way of pleasing everyone, but when the "bonus" version of "Trying To Get To You" might be one of the great man´s poorest efforts ever on this particular song, that certainly is reason enough to question Ernst´s judgement on this escape... release.

:wink: