Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:52 pm

Elvis NEVER made a movie in his life. He only starred in all of them. It's the film makers (Directors / Producers/ Script Writers) that made the movies. King Creole was damn bloody good because of Michael Curtiz. Flaming Star was superb because of Don Siegal. I've always wondered how Harum Scarum or Paradise Hawaiian Style would have become if given an A-Class Director, a bigger budget and a quality brilliant Script plus if they kick the f**king stupid Technical Advisor Colonel off the studios..

Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:13 pm

Yes but by the 1960`s the big stars were starting to call the shots.

Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:59 pm

Ezz wrote:How many other artists would have suffered the artistic humiliation Elvis did in the mid 60`s, no matter how much money was involved ?

no one else has ever followed in Elvis' footsteps here, and for good reason.
His trailblazing the "three films a year" process is actually a warning sign.

No other pop star/rock star wants to pull an Elvis in Hollywood.

...to be committed to making 27 movies in one decade.

Heck, some popular succesful actors who do make 27 films take three decades to accomplish that.

In recent day and age, only John travolta, and Jude Law each had three films in one year hit screens. (Seems like too many for one year imo)

Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:29 pm

AW lighten up for goodness sake. I love HARUM SCARUM! It is a very funny film and he looks great. I love the Sheik Of Larabee line and think it is real funny. I also love the Hey little girl number.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:23 am

LonnieBeale -
I have some ocean front property in Arizona that you'll love also. If you're interested, you'll need to get in touch with me right away because the bids are mounting up and I'm about to sell. Hurry!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:00 am

The two which suck the most are Clambake and PHS.
Live A Little Love A Little and Frankie and Johnnie are pretty bad also - but nothing blows as bad as Clambake and PHS.
If I was rich enough I would have paid Elvis not to make them movies.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:12 am

ColinB wrote:Pete -

You never mentioned how dreamily gorgeous he looked in that turban.

So I won't.

Yeah, kinda like Chuck Willis eh!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:34 am

No other pop star/rock starwants to pull an Elvis in Hollywood.

No other pop star/rock star COULD pull an Elvis In Hollywood!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:00 pm

ROCKABILLY MAN wrote:If I was rich enough I would have paid Elvis not to make them movies.

I believe Elvis would have paid his own money not to make most of his films or to get better scripts and approval.

Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:39 pm

PARADISE HAWIAN and SPEEDWAY are my least favorites, but I would rather see them than most films released today.
SPEEDWAY is OK, but it seems to be a rehash of VIVA LAS VEGAS, with no gas at all.

I really love Elvis films and I saw HARUM SCARUM at a theatre when it was first released. After ROUSTABOUT, TICKLE ME and GIRL HAPPY, so they were pretty new to me then.

Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:35 am

The nightmare continues! Yesterday my daughter asked me if she could have the Harem Scarum dvd! I expected her head to spin 360 degrees around and puke pea-soup at me!

Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:39 am

Go ahead Pete and get her the DVD. Harum Scarum is not that bad. At least the soundtrack on FTD is superb.
For me the biggest nightmare is Easy Come, Easy Go especially that Yoga Is As Yoga Does scene..

"Well I can see that you, and Yoga will never do..."

Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:42 am

[quote="ROCKABILLY MAN"]The two which suck the most are Clambake and PHS.
I agree that the movie has no plot and drags. However, its worth viewing just to watch any scenes with Shelley Fabares. She has a really sweet stage persona and the camera loves her natural beauty.

The movie clip of "You Don't Know Me" blows away any musical number in Frankie and Johnny, Tickle Me, PHS, or Speedway ... although, the camera also loved Nancy Sinatra Jr. :lol: