Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lisa Marie on Jay Leno

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:50 am

I just stumbled upon her singing on Jay Leno's "Tonight Show" on NBC-TV.

Despite past scepticism on my part, she actually looked pretty good (dark hair, slim) and even sounded half-decent. Confident and more stage presence than I remember seeing.

I know, I know: "Off -topic."

But she did finally seem like a Presley up there.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:35 pm

What? Not one response? Sheesh.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:46 pm

Greg -

For some reason, she isn't held in any great regard by Elvis fans.

I like her & her music [to a degree].

She could have done the [more commercial] "look, I'm Elvis' daughter" routine, but, instead, she does her own thing in her own way.

She isn't pandering to the current 'Britney-cum-Alguira' type of personna, which would probably be more lucrative at this time.

She's her own girl, and best of luck to her, I say !

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:48 pm

Yeah, I've noticed that, Colin and I have felt the same way as some fans.

But last night: she looked good! Sounded good, too.

And I wasn't a fan of the first album, either.

Bought it for 99 cents!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:49 pm

I admire her a great deal. Agreed, she is her own person, and I think that's a big reason she isn't held in high regard in the Elvis world, most would like to see a female version of Elvis up there. Kudos to Lisa for being true to who she is and not giving in to the expectations of who many think she is, or should be!

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:53 pm

I dare say appearances like that help blunt the anti-Elvis and "Elvis? ain't he ancient history?" crowd.

Put it this way: it's "Elvis positive." At least last night was.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:57 pm

Her cd sales have gone big style on this last cd...but i give her credit for doing mostly her songs and keeping the pa out of it.

I wish her well.

Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:44 pm

When I think about Priscilla being her mother, though, I feel bad for her. 8)

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:13 am

ColinB wrote:Greg -

For some reason, she isn't held in any great regard by Elvis fans.

I like her & her music [to a degree].

She could have done the [more commercial] "look, I'm Elvis' daughter" routine, but, instead, she does her own thing in her own way.

She isn't pandering to the current 'Britney-cum-Alguira' type of personna, which would probably be more lucrative at this time.

She's her own girl, and best of luck to her, I say !

I couldn't have said that better myself Colin! I really liked the Tonight show apperance. But her concert this year was sooo great, she is really getting more comfortable on stage. Talking more on stage and moving around more and haveing fun with the crowd!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:32 am

What song did she perform on Leno? I totally forgot about this and missed it, unfortunately.

Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:19 am

it was Idiot.