Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Question concerning the import Totally Stung.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:03 am

Is track 27 of this cd really take 1 of "A Big Hunk of Love"? the engineer i swear says take 4 but unfortunately Elvis says "at ease" right at this moment so its hard to make out. But it sure does sound like the same take 4 thats on Platinum. But Tunzi says only takes 1-3 of Big Hunk are on Totally Stung. its confusing, because elvisrecordings.com says there is a take 4 on this, but there is no take 4 in any of the track listings ive seen! help anyone?

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:31 am

Its take 4 - you can tell by the fact that Elvis sacts near the end of the guitar solo. It must have been mislabelled by Madison.

Take 1 of A Big Hunk 'O' Love is easy to spot, since it is considerably slower then takes 2-4.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:48 am

great job Mike...

yes, definetely Take 4 Kylan.

I jus played them back to back to make sure and damn does that tune "Rock" or what?

Love that song.

Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:36 am

Thanks alot Mike, I swore it was take 4! strange how everyone seems to have it wrong. lol oh well! helps me greatly with my project of cataloguing all my Elvis music!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:16 am

Hi Kylan...

by the way, how did your 50's Elvis project work out?

is it completed?

I started to do one myself, but opted into making more and more remix cd's and mix compilations than cataloguing the music in chronological order!

lemme know... :D

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:20 am

No wasn't happy with it, so just decided to make it more simple and just rip all my Elvis music onto my wmp so ill have it all catalogued and in front of me. i have about 370 or so different tracks already and im just barely into the June 58 Nashville sessions!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:27 am

damn!

that sounds like hard work! LOL

I burned about 15 cd's of remixes I made with my mp3 remix software and most have come out sounding fanatastic!

I jus wish I had more time to mess around with the technology available and all this stuff in front of me, but my job takes up all my time! :cry:

someday, I'm gonna try to make that complete Elvis studio sessions cd box set that I really want, but until then, I'll Just Pretend!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:11 pm

Kylan wrote:Thanks alot Mike, I swore it was take 4! strange how everyone seems to have it wrong. lol oh well! helps me greatly with my project of cataloguing all my Elvis music!

Where is the misprint?

Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:17 am

Hey Keith, I dont have the original import, I was just referring to the FECC listing, as well as Joe Tunzi's Sessions 3.